Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

New "kid" on the block.....(dont I wish)

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to say hello and thanks for letting me join, I am not new at crochet-ing but I'm not terrific either!

I have a tough time making a ripple! I love that pattern so much and I lose the sides or make them larger....grrrr!

Anyway I came along snooping for teacher gifts...anybody have any real cute ideas for something simple yet does up quickly?

Of course my niece who lives with me wants to give everyone a goodbye gift..."If it isn't too much trouble".

I have till 6/18....I have a little time left!

Thanks again and take care everyone.
    Marion

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome to the group. happy crocheting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Marion! And welcome! With a ripple afghan you have to keep track of the last stitch of the row. I use a small safety pin and mark the last stitch! You rows are getting longer because you are adding stitches! A ripple is easy but you really need to count as you go- and the pin will help! A crocheted bookmark would make a nice gift for just about anyone! And they are easy to do! Glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! It is great to have you here! Here is an idea for teachers:

New "kid" on the block.....(dont I wish)

Little Birdie Secrets: back-to-school crocheted apple scrubbie and dishcloth {free pattern}

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for the nice welcome.....I love the Little Birdie!!! I found a bath mitt and I think the scrubbie and dishcloth to go with it will be terrific!

Once I get used to getting here, I keep forgetting user name and password....Old age and bottled blonde....I will be great!

Take care
    thanks again
    Marion