Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Hello

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Hello

Just wanted to introduce myself.
    I am a single mom to one son that I homeschool and he will be a third grader in the fall.
    I have been crocheting since I was 10 years old . I am in my late 40's .
    I find that crochet really helps me to relax and most of the projects that I make usually end up as gifts to friends . I also make baby blankets for expectant moms.
    I am currently working on a baby blanket for a baby girl that a friend of mine from church ordered ...

Post Thanks / Like
    OOOOO....maybe I should just get you to make my baby blanket LOL... It seems easy enough but the thread that I am using- baby weight seems difficult to work with. or maybe its the size of my needle as well? IDK but I'm glad Im starting NOW- I have a good 3 months to work on a baby blankey...you probably can crank one out in like a week or so...

Post Thanks / Like
    depending on the pattern I can do one in a few days in and around everything that is going on in my schedule -- thank you for the confidence you find in me and my skills -- what size hook are you using ? with baby weight I usually use a G hook

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there. It s nice to meet you. I am Larisa. I make thread doileis

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Larisa,
    I am attempting to learn how to do doilies but I am not used to the thread yet so I am taking my sweet little time on the one I am trying .
    I am used to the regular crochet yarn : baby weight, sport weight, and worsted weight . :-)
    I like the one in your post -- it is really pretty !

Post Thanks / Like
    I am currently using G, but I was thinking about using a E or F. But I still am trying to get control over my loops & such. & then if I have to back track I seem like I mess everything else up, so I keep starting over from scratch..

Post Thanks / Like
    I love doilies!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    What stitch are you using -- Pattern : single crochet, double crochet ....... etc. ? You might try an F if you want smaller stitches .
    Do you have a tendency to crochet loosely or are your stitches tight ? that can also make a difference...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Twoheartsonehome! And welcome! Looks like you are settling in just fine! Glad you decided to join us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome from one homeschool family to another! Glad you are here! I am Barbara and I have two boys and one girl - single parent, too. Enjoy the forums!