Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Hello from Ontario, Canada!

Hi, first of all I would like to say thank you for accepting me as a member. I love to crochet and find it so much easier than knitting only because of a neck injury forced me put down my knitting needles and learn how to crochet many years ago. Long before my accident my Dad was the first person to show me how to knit as a child due to the fact that I am left handed and my Mom couldn't teach me because she was a right handed knitter so my Dad would watch my Mom knit and then one day he sat down with me and showed me how to knit when I was just 10 years of age. Now don't get me wrong, my Dad was a mechanic and never touched a knitting needle before in his life until that one time which I am eternally gratefull to him for. I used to knit a lot and loved to do this while I was watching T.V. or just when some friends would get together at eachother's homes each week and we would have a really great time chatting, sharing stories etc. and often my friends would look at me kinda funny while I was knitting because my knitting always looked backwards to them which it was because my knit stitch would be a right handers purl but my patterns always turned out great and the wonderful part of it was that my patterns always turned out just fine.
    With crocheting I have self taught myself and love learning new stitches as I go and I also love to do Tunisan crochet as well which I took up about a year ago so I do both now. I would love to learn how to make new and different things and share some interesting items I have done.
    Thanks again!

2. Likes AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome! What a wonderful way to learn to knit! I am sure you will treasure those memories for years to come!

4. Likes Misticsea liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Misticsea,
    Welcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum! It is nice to meet you! I crochet filet items and other doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Barbara and yes I will always treasure those memories for sure!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you very much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, I think is was wonderful of your dad to help you to learn knitting. Those are great memories to have of a loving father.

Spoula