Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

I need help please

I am trying to make a doll outfit for my grand daughter, I just need some help with the pattern, I don't understand what I am supposed to do with the "shell in corner"

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Laura,

Are you doing a shell stitch? Please post with a little more info if you can. I will be checking in later this evening again. Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    this is how it reads
    5 dc in next stitch, sk one sc next then shell in corner hdc

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

The fan stitch is a version of the shell stitch which usually calls for five dc done in a single stitch. When you get to this point in your pattern, are you nearing the corner? Many patterns mention the corner hdc at this time.

I am not the best at reading patterns. It is a learning process for me as well. We will also have other members checking in to help us! Thanks for your patience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Laura- your 5 dcs is your shell stitch! You would do 5 dcs in the corner hdc! Does that make sense? What type of doll are you making the outfit for? I make clothes for 18",5", and 4" ( Kelly doll) dolls! Hope I helped you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Maryjane I think I figured it out with tips the outfit is for a 15" doll i'm praying it will fit my grand daughters baby alive that she adores.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you figured it out! Perhaps you will post a picture when it's done?!! Hope it fits your granddaughters doll!