Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Annie

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Annie

Good morning every one. I just got this site so I will tell you something abut me. I am a trans-plant from Michigan to Kentucky almost 40 years ago. Love it here most of the time.
    I learned to crochet sitting on the chair arm watching my grandmother crochet. I have not done much in resent years but now that I have the time I am taking it up again. I live on the edge of town, have three AKC toy poodles and a blue heeler as my only companions. I lost my husband of 54 years a year ago and he is missed. I have three daughters and a son. Also I have five granddaughters and five great grandchildrens, three girls and 2 boys.

I love to sew, crochet, knit, tat and doing most any crafts.

Chat at you all again soon. Have a lovely day and happy crocheting.
    Annie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! It is great to have you here! I am sure your grandchildren keep you quite busy if they live close to you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Annie! And welcome! There are a lot of us that have started crocheting again after having a career and raising our families! I see you do all kinds of crafts! Which do you like the best? I have 5 grandchildren-2 are girls and I love to crochet for them! I make toys, dolls and games for children and sell at Craft Fairs! Glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Annie. It s nice to meet you! I am Larisa. I make thread doilies

Post Thanks / Like

HI All

Hello every one that said Hello. Glad to met you all

Yes, raising a family and helping on a 300 acre farm has kept me tied up most of my adult life. Over 45 years. Now that it is time to take it easy there are days when I just don't want to do any thing. I think we all go through this at one time or the other.

Maryjane, I am not sure which craft I like best. I do love to sew during the day and then in the evening during TV time it is knitting or crocheting. There is one other craft that I self taught my self to do and that was PAPER QUILLING. This is where you use strips of paper to make flowers and other cute thing with. The things that you can make with the strips are so sweet. So far I have not found any one that does this kind of thing. I also have started to make my own jewlery and my youngest granddaught love to work with me on this craft. One day I will get my tatting out and strat on that. I am also self taught on tatting.

Larisa, I to have made thread doilies. They are so lovely to have around the house. I also have made lots of other things both crochting and knitting. I now whan to learn to knit socks just for the fun of it.

Barbra G, I only have the one granddaughter that comes to visit me right now and she is a big help with most every thing even though she is only 10. My other grand daughters are all much older and two are married with children of their own and live away. The other two act like they are afraid of marriage. Only one of the four oldest ones has learned to crochet and is self taught. She has posted some of the hats on Face Book. if you would like to see them let me know and I will let you know where to look.

Hope to hear from you all again soon.
    Annie