Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Stitcher

Hi everybody, I'm new to this site. I hope I will be able to learn how to crochet. I'm 74 years young and did a lot of Counted Cross Stitching. Now that the eyes are getting lazy and don't want to work on seeing the tiny squares, I hope to learn how to crochet. Now I must tell you when I took care of my Mother for 10 years I used to kneel aside of her chair and watch her crochet. I'd ask her questions on how do you do this or that and one day she jokingly told me to "get the H___ out of here, you'll never learn." I never did, I found counted Cross Stitching more enjoyable. Now I want to try Crocheting, I hope. Take care.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Stitcher! And welcome! I'm happy that you want to learn how to crochet! There are tutorials on this site that you may find useful! There are several people on this site that are teaching people to crochet! I'm sure they will have some suggestions! Glad you decided to join us! And good luck with your crocheting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Stitcher! I think filet crocheting is similar to X-stitching! have a good day

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! Nice to meet you! If you truly desire to learn - you can do it! Let us know if you need anything!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Stitcher, very happy to meet you. I'll soon be 71 and believe me once you get into crocheting you'll be hooked. There is so much free help available please do use it to your advantage..take your time and just have fun..No one here will judge us..you are in the fold now and lot's of people will be available to help you..I know you can do it...Welcome! ...Willie

6. Likes sarah1313 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Thread, thank you for your reply. I'm anxious to get started

8. Likes sarah1313 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Maryjane, thank you for your reply. I will be looking over this site and find all the help I need. I have to get my daughter to get me a needle and yarn. Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi kl1000, thanks for your reply.That filet crocheting looks beautiful, I hope I will be able to do it after I learn to crochet. Thanks again/

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbara G. Thanks for your words of encourargement. I hope I won't be a pest by asking too many questions

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi willie. Thanks for the encouragement. I'm glad I'm not the only "Golden Ager" here. By what you said in your reply, it seems I shouldn't have any problem learning. I will take your advice and take my time and enjoy. This is something I will be able to do sitting with my feet up as I hear all the time from my Daughter & Doctor. Thanks for your encouragement.