Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Greetings from Maryland!

Hello! My name's Sheila but I was dubbed Nemo by my grandson when he was two and it stuck! I learned to crochet as a child but once I had children of my own there didn't seem to be the time so I stuck the crochet hooks in a baby wipes box and tucked them away. Now the children are grown and are having babies of their own. My mother used to make all the great-grandchildren baby afghans but we lost her three years ago. My daughter asked me if I'd make a blanket for her new little one and so I dug out the baby wipes box and I've been "hooked" ever since! (I know, I know - pardon the pun. I'm sure it's been overused on this site.)
    I enjoy making afghans, hats, scarves and sweaters. Nice to be on board!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the group, Grandma Nemo! I exactly know what you mean about having children and setting the crocheting aside. I have three in the house right now, but they are getting old enough that I am able to start fresh again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sheila!
    I'm in the same shape--got grandchildren whose mother's find cute things they just know I will be able to make for their kids--wish Mom was still around so I could ask her how to do some of them!

Welcome to the group!