Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Hi, I'm Nanas Dreams and I am new to this site. Actually I'm new to any site.

OK so I messed up my title. told you I was new. I have always been too busy with 2 full time jobs, family, home etc, to have time for crochet or crochet sites. About 3 yrs ago I required 5 major back surg during 3 yrs time. I am still doing water therapy, but have had to face facts that I am going to spend most of the rest of my life bedfast.

So, since I used to crochet (30 yrs ago) I am going to try it again.

I am looking for a triangular, openwork, shawl with a fancy edging. It was in my Grams workbasket mag. 30 to 40 yrs ago. If anyone can help me, I would appreciate it. Thanks, Nanas Dreams

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome from another newbie. I just wanted to say I have a bunch of the old workbaskets and I'm going to go through some and see if I can find you something..a challenge.
    I like your attitude..I have CMT a muscle and nerve disease which keeps me down alot but you just can't quit, crocheting will help keeping your spirits up..it does for me..
    If I find something I'll let you know...Willie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nanas, I am in the same boat as you first timer on any site. I hope I can help you. I have several workbasket mag. that are VERY old that were given to me by a friend. I will look through them for the pattern and get back to you if I have any luck. I have looked in my mag. but no shawl like you described. I found a few others that I can send you and on the web site allfreecrochet.com has several. Let me know. Cascreations
    Last edited by cascreations; 05-18-2012 at 09:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! It is nice to have you here! The group is very supportive and hopefully you will enjoy your time here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! And welcome! We have people here in different physical abilities! We do what we can when we can! But we all have the love of crocheting in common! Glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I am so glad for all of you who welcomed me and especially to those of you who are helping to look for the pattern I want. Is encourageing to find others who are fighting physical challenges of their own. I know it is tough, but we can do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Hi Willie, thank you so much for looking for the shawl pattern for me. I have been looking for over a year. I had the pattern and about 30+ yrs ago made the shawl. Then at age 34 we adopted twin baby girls from Korea. Less than 5 months later my husband lost his great job with great insurance because the plant closed. Small town, 200+ people suddenly out of work, no jobs. Life changed overnight. Life worked out, but it was rough. I stayed home till the girls were in preschool. I found a job when they were 18 mos old that I could do at home, pd very little, but my husband did odd jobs and we got by. Then when the girls went to school, I got a full time job. Shortly after that I ended up with 2 full time jobs and did that for 25 yrs. Then at age 58 my back refused to allow me to sit at all. I converted my computer to everything laptop and one job I was able to do at home until I turned 62. Now I am retired and looking for things to do with my time.

This brings me to the pattern. I discovered that my family "helping" me clean had thrown away all my patterns, yarn, crochet needles and given away my shawl. I almost cryed. I know they were trying to help, after all, my daughters had never had anything I had crocheted except their baby blankets. Those had been done before they got here. Anyway I have done a lot of crocheting since I have been in this bed.

Anyway, thank you so much for looking for this pattern for me. I would appreciate other patterns for shawls if they sound close to this. I wish you good luck and good days with your CMT, I will keep you in my prayers. I don't know what that entails. Nanas Dreams

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi cascreations, I have looked on allfreecrochet.com & several others also. Everytime I come across a site I look for it. If you find anything I would really appreciate it. Thank you so much. Nanas Dreams

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Nanas Dreams. It s nice to meet you. I am larisa. I make only thread doilies

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi kl1000, I USED to make thread doilies. That was w--a--y back before the arthritis in my hands. Now I don't do much with small yarn/thread. But I still love them---they are so lovely. I think they make a room into a home. My daughters don't agree---they think they are old fashioned. I think that will change as they get older.

So nice to meet you.