Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Hi There!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi There!!

My name is Dee! I learned to crochet from my grandmother when I was a little girl but I stopped when I was around 11 years old. In March of 2016 I saw a video of a woman crocheting with her arms, she was making a rug. I thought I could do that as it looked familiar. Since then I have made scarves, hats, afghans and even shirts! I have a huge stash of yarn and mentality I am in a much better place.

See in 2014 I had to stop working due to fibromyalgia and sever nerve pain in my back. I am supposed to be 80% bed bound, I was only 40 years old. I had a hard time dealing with the mental aspects of being disabled. I've had pain for years, but now I have even more limitations. Crochet has saved me. I can do it laying in my bed and still be productive. My family has been very supportive, my father even got me a ball winder and a full set of the light up hooks. I have made new friends online and in person within the crochet communities. It has helped me with a sense of purpose.

I am including a project a am so far the most proud of. It is an afghan I made for my father. He is a Vietnam veteran who was wounded in combat, but he also has a few Purple Heart medals. It was supposed to have the red and off white stripes in the center panel, but I designed the Purple Heart for it instead. I used Lion Brand Hometown USA to make it. I have it to him for Father's Day 2016.
    Hi There!!-img_0677-jpg

2. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post
    Likes AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums! Lovely item - you are doing well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. What a nice afghan!! I crochet filet items.
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Dzorbis,
    Welcome. Very Nice.