Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Stress Releiver

Post Thanks / Like

Stress Releiver

H All! I am a Registered Nurse of 38 years and worked just about every asspect of nursing. When I crochet it releives any stress that I have. it is very relaxing to me.

I would say I am an intermediate to advanced crocheter. I will tackle any pattern if I like it and want to do it.

I am one of th original 3 "Happy Hookers of Bok Tower" Bok Gardens are a beautiful, restful, meditative, National Historic Landmark. I tis my place of retreat to rejuvinate with or without my crochet project.

I am a member of "Joy's Angels" which can be found on Facebook. We are a group founded by my sister-in-law to pay it forward. We started out making scarves for Special Olympics and sent over 50 in 2011 to Idaho and Texas. In 2012 we sent 20 to Michigan. Our group was "The Happy Hookers" until renaming it this April after Joy passed away. We wanted to continue her desire to pass it forward and renamed the group in honor of her. We are makiing prayer shawls and donating them to various cancer centers, hospitals, hospices, and giving them to people we personally know that could use them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! It is a pleasure to have you here with us! Sorry to hear about your sister-in-law. The great thing is the memories you have and moving forward in her honor by helping others in need! Glad you are here!

Post Thanks / Like

thank you

Thank you very much. I hope to meet others that "Pay it forward" and get some new ideas for patterns.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! And welcome! It is wonderful that you can honor your sister-in-law in such a meaningful way! What type of projects do you like to do? Glad you decided to join us!