Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: angry bird hat!

Post Thanks / Like

angry bird hat!

i made this hat from the kniffty knitter looms and i crocheted the face of the bird and sewed it onto the hat.
    Attached Images Attached Images angry bird hat!-dscn0291-jpg 

2. Likes sarah1313, cottros251 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool! How many other things have you made with the knitting loom? Is it easier than learning to do regular knitting?

Post Thanks / Like
    i have made around 100 hats for adults. i made some scarves with the looms. it is easier for me to do the looms. i could not get the hang of the knitting needles. the looms are much easier on my hands. they have a bunch of different stitches on the you tube channel. i have several of the long looms and one that makes a flower and one that makes those skinny scarves for a fashionable look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    Cool! How many other things have you made with the knitting loom? Is it easier than learning to do regular knitting?

Post Thanks / Like
    cute...thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks--glad you liked it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    cute...thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like
    That is one cool hat, that my grandson who is 9 would love. I was thinking about buying looms to do lots of work, instead of knitting and crocheting everything. Are there specific looms you would recommend to start with in order to make hats, scarves, and other simple items. I have seen them advertized, and also sold at JoAnns, but not being knowlegable about the loom, I would not know where to begin. Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    I also use the looms to make hats. Love your angry bird hat. Did you use a pattern to do the facial features? Would love to have your pattern if you have one. I also have the long looms but can't get the hang of using them even tried follow directions didn't turn out right. Could you tell me if there is directions or a totorial on utube. thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    crochetcrazy the circle looms come in 4 sizes infant, small child, the next size fits most unless you have a fairly large head I would go to the biggest size. the direction are pretty easy to follow. You can buy the set at most craft stores even walmart carries them. They come in a set of 4 with hook and directions. Good luck and they are very easy to do and go pretty quick. Make sure you don't wrap the yarn to tightly. I usually use two strands. And can usually get at least 3 hats.

Post Thanks / Like
    Marsha,
    Thank you so much for the information. I am definitely going to look into it and probably will buy the set. All my kids adn grandchildren love wearing hats in the winter, as where they live in the north it does get a tad chilly (that's why I live in South Florida, no hats, gloves, etc.)Ha, Ha

Post Thanks / Like
    hi crochetcrazy! i got my 4 circular looms at wal-mart. for around $19.99. the sizes come in newborn,kids,large and ex large. mine are called kniffty knitter, they have some different ones at jo-anne's and michael's and hobby lobby. if you want to make just hats than get the 4 circular looms. i have sold alot where i work at for $5.00 a hat. then they have the longer looms for afghans and scarves. they are great on your hands i love them. if you buy any look on the you tube channel and they have several videos on how to make different things.
    Quote Originally Posted by crochetcrazy View Post
    That is one cool hat, that my grandson who is 9 would love. I was thinking about buying looms to do lots of work, instead of knitting and crocheting everything. Are there specific looms you would recommend to start with in order to make hats, scarves, and other simple items. I have seen them advertized, and also sold at JoAnns, but not being knowlegable about the loom, I would not know where to begin. Any suggestions?