Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Question crochet stitch to use with variagted yarn

Does anyone know of a crochet stitch that would be good to use when using that Red Heart blue varigated yarn so that you can't tell where you begin a new skein? Someone donated a bunch of blue varigated skeins for me to use, otherwise I'd never have gotten it.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I think one great idea would be to make some scarves with the yarn. I favor varigated colors to begin with - for me I think it helps to hide my mistakes. I am also curious to hear what others think in the group!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi DeeBee and Barb: Scarves are definitely a great idea. I have been using varigated baby yarn to make blankets. Older folks would love lap blanket or shawl.....I crochet 82 st, turn, chain 1, and one single crochet in each st to the end and repeat for as long as you want. Very easy...I have also alternated rows with dc and sc.....If you have plenty you might use N hook and use double strands for thicker lap robe.....Just ideas. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive made purses and stuff for kids with variagated yarn! I think you could make just about anything with it!

Post Thanks / Like
    It wasn't so much what to make with it - I always have plenty of ideas that way (good or bad!! ; D ), but it was finding a stitch to use so that (with the variagated) it wouldn't make a pattern with the various colors (it's hard to explain).......because when I'd come to the end of a skein and have to add a new variagated skein a different pattern would start forming with the new skein - but, anyway.......thanks for your advise.......I think I found a pattern that will work.......it's a double crochet crisscross and I space between each one so don't notice a pattern with the various colors forming........

6. Likes Lili liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand now what you were asking! I think the only way you can get it that way is trial and error, or use a written pattern that use that yarn! Hopefully you have figured it out! I personally don't mind the patterns varigated yarn makes when crocheted!

Post Thanks / Like
    MaryJane: I like the patterns varigated yarn makes. I guess I was confused! I use varigated yarn mostly.