Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

New from the Lou

Hello, I'm new to the forum but not to crochet. I live near St. Louis, MO and came here mostly seeking advice about arthritis relief. It's always worse after a long holiday weekend since I spend those weekends binge crocheting. (Yeah, I may have an addiction.)

I've been crocheting since...umm...I don't remember. Pretty sure my mom showed me the basics and somewhere in my 20's I started back up with it. I am mostly self-taught and crochet at all levels. However, it is taking a toll on my hands. I turned 50 late last year and sometimes I don't even realize how bad it hurts until I stop and the cramps start.

At the moment I am finishing an afghan for my parents and have a waiting list of 3 other projects. I'll post pictures when I get the afghan done.

Thank you for letting me join and Happy Hooking!
    Julie

2. Likes AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Julie,
    Welcome to CT. Sorry you have arthritis. My husband has osteoarthritis and has had a shot in the shoulder and knee.

Do you have Thergonomic craft gloves? They help for support, heat and massage. Provides comfort and relief from pain and stiffness of arthritis, tendinitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, and other repetitive motion activities at work, hobbies, and play.
    I use these gloves sometimes for support and if I have the gloves on I can crochet for a longer period of time. The gloves are not just for crocheting. They can be used for anything. Sometimes if I have them on from crocheting, then I leave them on to answer the phone or typing on the computer or the doing laundry. I don't wear them all the time for crocheting.
    You can get these gloves at a craft store.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 07-07-2016 at 09:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Jean Marie! I will check those out. I tell myself all the time I need to stop and do something else, but...well let's just say I'm happy there isn't a Crochet Anonymous group or any intervention meetings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet filet items
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to Crochet Talk! Nice to have you join us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JDeBuck View Post
    Thank you Jean Marie! I will check those out. I tell myself all the time I need to stop and do something else, but...well let's just say I'm happy there isn't a Crochet Anonymous group or any intervention meetings.
    Your Welcome.