Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Thread: Crochet Nylon

Post Thanks / Like

Crochet Nylon

Hi! I have a pattern, for a chair pocket holder that hangs on your lawn chair, that requires Crochet Nylon. I can not seem to get it here in PEI Canada. Could someone recommend a trusted web site that I could use to get it. Hopefully, Canadian. I have been checking out different sites. What size do I need for a I/9 hook that is called for in my pattern
    Also, I was thinking of maybe using the same stuff you use to make the dish clothes as that can get wet although tend to shrink.
    Last edited by annpaul; 05-11-2012 at 08:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Recently I have been keeping my place w/ platic ring holders and small safety pins...in the past I did the different colour yarn or thread;

Post Thanks / Like
    Try Omega, here is a website to order Creative Yarn Source aka Crochet Style Etc They are in Mexico, I have ordered from them with no problems and they are advertised in crochet magazines all the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the Info. I have never used Crochet Nylon have you? On the sites I have looked at it comes in different sizes. The biggest is 18 for size G hook. I wonder if that would work for a I/9 hook at well?

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a size 24 on the website. Nylon is great for bags, I have made backpack purses out of it. Be sure to use the Fray check on you cut ends Creative Yarn Source Notions I attached the link for the info. I would just experiment a bit with it and see what works best for you and gives you the desired result. There are a ton of free patterns on this site. Have fun and take a picture and share with us what you come up with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! Just thought I would let everyone know that when I asked for a shipping cost for 8 rolls of crochet nylon to Canada I was quoted $31.78. I just couldn't believe it that is outrageous. I guess I will have to go with something else for now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, I am very cheap (frugal). For something like the nylon you are looking for I would go to the hardware store. They have nylon string for marking rows in your garden, contractors use it also for a 'level line'. I've seen it in white, yellow, neon pink, black, brown and green. Good luck.
    Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    I get my nylon thread from Hobby Lobby. I find using anything smaller than a H hook is really hard to work with for No. 18 thread. I make purses from them and have had really good luck. The site from Mexico that you went to for yarn has a lot of purse patterns. Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! I will try the hardware stores. There would be a lot out this time of year. Everyone is getting ready to plant the garden. What is the difference between Crochet Thread and Crochet Nylon. I can get crochet thread here but the sales lady told me it wasn't the same as crochet nylon

Post Thanks / Like
    Nylon is really strong and durable and has a bit of shine to it. The ends tend to fray but if you burn each end, it won't. It is also a little heavier than thread. More like a cord. But it lasts forever!