Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: granny help

Post Thanks / Like

granny help

hello i am new to this site i have a question i am making a large granny square blanket but it wont lay flat any ideas what i am doing wrong . i am using 4ply yarn with h hook

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and Welcome kseng! If you join by using the whip stitch your squares will lay flatter. what method are you using to join the squares?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to Crochet Talk! Nice to meet you! Enjoy your time here!

Post Thanks / Like
    hey kseng---when mine dont lay flat i put it in the dryer with a wet cloth for a short time and it will stretch it --while it is still warm fold it and then it should lay flat--thats what i do and it always works for me

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome it sounds like you are missing some stitches.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi kseng and welcome to crochettalk. I have made a lot of large granny square blankets. If you are doing your chain 1 or 2 on the 4 sides between your groups of 3 stitches and your chain 1 or 2 in between the 2 groups of 3 stitches in your 4 corners it will lay flat when you finish it. Trust me. I always have to smooth mine out, but it does lay flat. Sometimes I might have to stretch it a tad on the 4 sides to make it flat and square. I lay mine out periodically when I am crocheting it and smooth it out and stretch it just a tiny bit to check for square. I hope this answer has been helpful to you. One more thing, I always use 4 ply yarn when making large granny square blankets with an "H" hook. The "H" hook is my favorite hook to use. Hugs and kisses, Lynda Fey
    Last edited by Lynda Fey; 06-29-2016 at 03:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I disagree if you are using the right amount of stitches you do not have to do any of that.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the same amount of stitches from start to finish. I always have to smooth it out just a bit, not much and stretch it just a tad to make the 4 sides straight, but not much to say anything about really. That's the way it works out for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know that never happens for me.

Post Thanks / Like

granny

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi and Welcome kseng! If you join by using the whip stitch your squares will lay flatter. what method are you using to join the squares?
    thank you for your help but i am not making squares it is one big square i just keep going around
    started how you start a square but i just keep going and going
    karen