Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

keepimg your place

How do you keep track of where you are when using a pattern? I use a piece of cardboard, the same size of the pattern and clip it to the cardboard! I use those big binder clips! Theres room to slide a pencil into! Then I cross off each row as I go! I usually have a piece of scrap paper to make any notes on-I always have a hard surface to write on! I have found that corrigated cardboard works the best! I'm looking forward to see how other people do it! Most of my patterns are printed from the internet, bit also works on magazines and pattern books!

Post Thanks / Like
    I use charts and I always see where I stopped. I never make any marks

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone, I know I have not posted recently reason being I have painted and changed my house interior in all my rooms and I have cleaned out an old barn and had a huge garage sale. About keeping your place in crocheting, I make two copies of my pattern and mark and make notes on one and when I am through I throw that one away and save my second copy to start another crochet piece if I decide to. Also I read the article about responsible children. A lot of children are good but there are those that I believe that don't want to learn anything. A little bragging here, my son bought me a Lexus SUV two years ago for Mother's Day. He has always been responsible and is a good man. Hope I get better about posting, Cotton

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a post it notes to mark my place when crocheting a new pattern. If I need to make notes I make them on the post it paper so I don't write on the pattern. It moves easily and works well for me.

Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm w/ kl1000 I usually use charts so I don't need something to mark my place....but I do have these neat little red border box thingies, the middle is clear so I tried them...didn't think to use paper clips tohold them...so I put them away cuz I was always loosing them...lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I usually do patterns which are very repetitive and will complete a row, so that I know where to begin again.

It seems there was another thread in the forums on how others do this as well. But, it was some time ago. If and when I find it - I will merge the two threads together so that we will have all the ideas here, together.

I think it is always nice to see how other do things, and organize, and all!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw somewhere that old magnetic calenders are good. One in front & the other on the back of the pattern. Moves easily.They can be cut smaller to fit the project.

Post Thanks / Like
    A young man named Mike Coco taught me how to crochet. (I couldn't figure out where to stick the hook-- until he showed me). Don't know what ever became of him, but I hope he is still crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    On another forum, a woman put her pattern in a plastic page protector and used a dry erase pen on it to keep track of where she was! I'm afraid it would rub off when you put it in your bag!?

Post Thanks / Like
    Being a dyslexic, looking back at a pattern takes forever because my eyes can't find the place. Being a computer nerd, I came up with my own spreadsheet solution. This is hard to explain, but here goes:
    column 1: pattern repeat row numbers
    column 2: row numbers
    column 3: beginning of row instructions
    column 4: the *repeats* to instructions
    column 5. end of the row instructions

Columns 3-5 are copied from the pattern, not typed by me because I screw up the words. I tried to attach a pdf that illustrates.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DonnaJN; 05-21-2012 at 07:42 PM.