Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

What is the item that you are most proud of making?

For me, so far it's been this one year when I made four afghans and gave them to various family members at Christmas. That was a huge accomplishment for me and I loved seeing their faces when they opened up their gift!

Post Thanks / Like
    Right now, I'm most proud of the amigurumis I've made. I made a few Mario mushrooms and a brain slug for my little brother and they all turned out great.

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am proud of my doilies and of my mobile phone/camera pouches...whenever I give them as gifts to family and friends, they all always pleased and they cherish their presents!
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm most proud of the mitered square jacket that I designed for myself a few years ago. I entered it into the CGOA (Crochet Guild of America) competition and ended up with an Honourable Mention!

One other item that I'm extremely proud of is the very first afghan that I made. It was done in 3" granny squares many many years ago and is still in one piece after many years of use.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    I've heard of the Crochet Guild of America! That is awesome that you got honorable mention crochetgal! That had to have been really exciting. Did you get to show it off at a fashion show or anything like that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, even though the show was held in Manchester and I'm in the desert, I had given permission for the piece to be modelled.

The only photo I have of it online is at
    2008 CGOA Pattern contest - Honourable Mention - Mitered Jacket - front | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, that's gorgeous! It definitely looks like a southwestern/deserty style piece. You did a great job!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks very much! Its actually done using 2 strands of a very lightweight chenille yarn with the 'sparkle' done using the Red Heart Bijou yarn. The toughest part was working with that Bijou yarn as I was working with a 4.25mm hook and the recommended hook size for the Bijou was a 10mm hook!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Thanks for sharing a link for us to see your creation! I love the pattern of the design!