Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Help ?? Setting up shop

Hello Ladies,
    I am looking into starting up by own e-shop or something to sell some crochet bags that I love making, and I am just looking for some advise on the best avenue to do this. I done know much about ETSY but that seems to be the go to place. Im not looking for this to be a supplemental income or anything serious, I just want to share my creations and make a small profit to fund my hobby. I know some people set up blogs and sell there items there. What about EBAY or Amazon? Please let me know what has worked for you ladies. Also anyone who is a member of ETSY, what's the pros and cons of the site.

Thank you ladies again for being such an awesome source of guidance and such active participants in the craft.

Jamie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

We do have several people who sell from Etsy. As they check in, the will be reviewing the new threads. Be patient - I personally have not sold on Etsy, but I know of members who will be more than willing to give you advice when they see this thread. :0)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jamie,

I have been a member of ETSY and E-BAY and I really prefer ETSY. Although I have not sold on ETSY I have purchased quite a few items over time. I have made a couple of very nice friends through ETSY. They have given me some reasons they prefer selling there. They like the fact that listing fees are reasonable and your item stays on for 4 months. If at the end of that time it has not sold you have the option of re-listing. Just like E-BAY both buyer and seller can leave feed back regarding the transaction. As a seller you have the option of accepting PayPal, check or money order as payment for your item. Although both ETSY and E-BAY have the same options ETSY is more for the craftsman or artist. ETSY is very specific about what can be sold. You can sell vintage items, original patterns created by you, items that you have made, instruction books, or items such as knitting needles, crochet hooks or what ever is used in a particular craft. I love stained glass and vintage needlecraft. I have always been happy with my transactions on ETSY.

Hope this helps you to make a decision about where to sell your bags.

Good luck on your new venture.
    Gerry

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for your reply. I have been doing some research regarding ETSY. I think if I am going to use any site it would be that one. Although I am considering making a blog and using my own site as a store with paypal. I might test the waters with ETSY to see if my stuff would sell and get some feed back.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been selling fairly successfully on Etsy for about 4 years now. Its not that difficult to set up a shop but it does require some work.

If you are willing to put in the work, you can make an Etsy shop work for you.

I'll post a new thread with some tips about selling on Etsy.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,well I've used ebay and after awhile realized with all their fees I was losing money so gave it up..however I do list a single item every once in awhile. Right now I'm using eBid..it's ok
    I have done Etsy which I think is run very well and is popular..Best advice is to check them all out and see what it will cost you, then you can decide..Some I know list on several to cover all avenues.
    Just go for it and see what happens..Best of luck to you..Willie

Post Thanks / Like
    I've just completed writing a post on Selling your work on Etsy

http://crochettalk.com/buy-sell-trad...formation.html

If you have specific questions, I'd be more than happy to answer them on that thread.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices