Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Can you identify this pattern?

Can you identify this pattern?-dscn1323-jpg
    I have a lovely afghan, or throw that my mother made. I can usually look at something and identify the stitches, but this one I can't and unfortunately my Mom is blind now and doesn't remember the specific one. I'll try to post a picture.

2. Likes cinder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry - I make only doilies and I am not familiar with afghan stitches

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I am not familiar with this stitch. I will do some additional searching, too. I have several books with different crochet stitches in them - but nothing looked like this design.

Also, other members will be checking in and out on site. So, be patient - hopefully we can help you out!

Post Thanks / Like
    First I want to establish I should not be responding to this but I was very curious and did a little searching with what I have in references.
    Leisure Arts beginner's guide (can get at JoAnn's) has two possibilities that could be this pattern--one is a cable stitch, the other is a crunch stitch. Then again it may not be either one. There is at least two other stitches in this piece. Hope someone comes up with the exact stitch. I lean toward the crunch stitch, however, you may have to do a test piece of each one to find out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tank you so much Cliffene. I know it isn't the cable stitch-- I've done that-- (and have oodles of patterns and resources here, too) but I will look into the crunch stitch. You noted that there were other stitches, and I'm sorry this was the best picture I got that was detailed. The other stitch is actually the same one with spaces (probably chain) between.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well! Cliffene solved it. I have always thought that patterns with hdc (half double crochet) stitches were the most sophisticated, and here is no exception. This is indeed a crunch stitch! It is done thus: hdc, slip stitch. In the next row, do the hdc in the slip stitches, and the slip st in the hdc's. And you surely can't recognize the stitches by looking at the lovely results! I am looking forward to trying it out. Peggy

8. Likes Beviboo, twoheartsonehome liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The other stitches look like what is called the peephole stitch. (a dc, ch 1, dc on the second row the dc is in the ch 1 hole below, ch1 and a dc in the next ch 1 below) The exception being that there seems to be a row of single crochets between the rows in your picture. The peephole stitch in the book I have does not have the single crochet between the rows, causing the vertical peepholes to be offset and not in a straight line. Yours appears to have the post above each other and not offset. The row of single crochets would allow that. I have never done anything this intricate. My work is very simple. I am thankful for this way of learning from each other.

I notice you are in the Villages. I am in Leesburg.
    Last edited by Cliffene; 05-09-2012 at 09:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no idea but it is lovely I hope someone knows the pattern and shares with us. My Mom has dementia and she doesn't remember any of her previous patterns. So sad that we are loosing this info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kind of looks like a slip stitch....very interesting and pretty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Small world! One of my responses was from Canada. So I didn't really expect someone close by. It is possible to crochet really lovely things with simple stitches and patterns.
    Peggy Just enjoy it!