Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: New Person

Post Thanks / Like

New Person

Hi, my name is Dorie White. I am very excited to be part of this forum. I learned to crochet when I was maybe 7 or 8 years old during the summer from my Great Grandma and Great Aunt. I really love it and brings peace to me. I have anxiety & panic attacks and I have found this helps calms me. I am a mother of 3 wonderful children and 4 grandchildren. Three boys and one girl but they all live in different states so I am forever grateful for Skype. I also love to sew, counted cross stitch..about any craft item. Unfortunately over the time of raising my children, dad was in the Navy and gone a lot, crocheting kinda took a back seat but now with the empty nest ( which by the way I hate) plus health issues I am finding a lot of time and am amazed at some of the beautiful work people are doing. I am not real vocal though but am always around reading things and learning a lot. Just glad to know though I have some where to go when I have questions. I am more of a visual person than reading the directions and my mom used to help me out when I would visit but I loss her about 7 years ago so I am really excited about the you tube videos. I just really want to say thank you for having me as a member.

2. Likes AudreyL liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    hey ddwhite 61 welcome to crochet talk yes crocheting is very relaxing it keeps your mind occupied

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. It is nice to meet you! I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums! Nice to have you here with us as a member!

Please make yourself right at home!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi ddwhite61
    Welcome to ct.