Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Wedding Bells

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Wedding Bells

Hello everyone. I am making my sister in law her gifts for her upcoming wedding. So far I have made two hand bags for the flower girls and her ring bearer pillow. I just finished the pillow and I think its a little plain. I would love to add some applique wedding bells but can not seem to find any pattern for a one dimentional bell applique. Any help would be appreciated.

I am 24 years old and seem to be the only person I know who crochets. It truely is a lost art and I am very thankful to find a forum where I not only seek advice and help but to read the joy everyone finds in crocheting as I have. Last year my grandmother was diagnosed with cancer. She has always been so crafty, so while she recovered from surgery I taught myself to crochet and I made her all hand made christmas gifts. And that spark lit my crocheting flame. I am now in love love love with this wonderful fulfilling hobby.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rather than bells, would you consider flowers of some kind around and on the pillow? There are a lot of pretty flat flowers to make up, and tack on for display, also some ruffle around the edge? don't know the shape of the pillow, but these are add-ons and simple to do.
    so glad to see that you are tickled with the art of crochet, and that you have decided to showcase your skills in this manner. I am a senior, taught myself over 60 years ago, and haven't looked back since.
    good luck with your projects, the more you study this the more skilled you will become.
    Shaddy

Post Thanks / Like
    Shaddy,
    Thank you for the advice. the pattern is very clean and wouldnt look right with ruffles. My sister in law specifically asked for no flowers. I did make small bows which I will accent the pillow with as well, but I am really kinda set on the bells.

Jamie

Post Thanks / Like
    Would love to help ya gal, I have bells patterns up the kazoo, but nothing flat, don't know that I ever saw one, cept maybe as a potholder? Crosses? I understand when you have your heart set on sumpin, and nothing fits the bill, guess I can't help much , but sure wish you all success with the article.
    Shaddy

Post Thanks / Like
    SHADDY
    YOUR A GENIUS. I never even thought of a cross. OMG I love the idea. I can practically see it now, with faux rings in the middle. Im gonna make one this week and see how it looks and let you know. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jamie ...welcome to the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jaime! And welcome! Sounds like you are having a lot of fun making things for the wedding! And kudos to you! A young person tackling this! Maybe you could post some photos when ypu're done? Would love to see them!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I am speechless, never thought a simple cross would elicite such excitement. glad you are happy with the decision, and I am so hopeful that your SIL is appreciative of the time and effort you have put forth. this is a wonderful and precious gift for the future as well.
    I am so proud of you in your efforts to follow thru with what could have been something that set you back without realizing it.
    Good luck, and as the poster stated above, could you furnish some pics when done, always nice to see someone's handiwork, love it when aplan comes together.

Post Thanks / Like
    O ladies I am feeeeeling the love. I can not explain the smile plastered on my face reading all your warm welcoming comments. I will absolutely post my completed works.

Post Thanks / Like

wedding bells suggestion

How about using filet crocet and design your wedding bells in the little squares