Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Desperately looking for this yarn!

Hi everyone,
    I have picked up crocheting after about 4 years off. I started a pattern using Lion Brand Jiffy - color Naples. I had to make adjustments to the pattern that has resulted in me needing another 1 (possibly 2) skeins of this yarn. It has been discontinued and I've looked all over the internet to no avail! I am hoping someone out here will know where I could obtain it.
    I am so angry at myself since the afghan is almost complete and is adorable. I'd hate to have to leave it unfinished.
    I'd be so grateful if anyone has any ideas.
    Thanks,
    Janie

2. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you can't find the yarn, would it be possible to leave the afghan as a baby blanket/lap pad, or perhaps get Jiffy yarn in another color to put a border around it to make it the size you want? Just thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a great idea Nova. I haven't been able to locate the yarn so far, but found one very similar and I could use that as a border maybe. I think I will try that if I don't hear something soon.
    Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Janie. Did you find your yarn yet?? If i knew what make & Fiber it is I may have some- never know. That was a good suggestion Nova55 have, she should know, great designer. Can you take a photo of the blanket?? Love to see.

Susan2014 from MN

6. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    So this blanket should have been a square 28". I have about 28 x 24. However, if used for a small baby, it may work. Also Nova's idea was great too. I will send you a picture and yarn info when I get home.
    Thank you both for responding.

8. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan,
    Finished my project with what I had. I've attached a picture. The colors are really pretty, but it's difficult to see in this picture. Keep in mind, this is my first project and it's far from perfect, but I did it at least. Let me know what you think and also, any suggestions about what I may have done differently. To me, it looks like my crocheting was not consistent with tension. Desperately looking for this yarn!-img_20160220_111506795-jpgDesperately looking for this yarn!-img_20160220_111506795-jpg Now I have a little yarn left, and wanted to make booties or something, but can't locate any pattern for Jiffy yarn. It is a thick yarn. Maybe I'll try the pattern forum.
    Thanks for your help!

10. Likes Mimi0305 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Janie,
    That's pretty good for your first project! Can I ask why the corner is folded?
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    It is a hood attached to the blanket which I assume would go over the baby's head and then wrapped. I do appreciate your response Jean since I am still learning. I thought it was great until I started looking over some of the projects I have seen posted here. But, I am learning and appreciate any suggestions on errors your trained eyes can see.
    Still, I think it' the thought that counts. I may keep it for a comparison for when I get better lol!

13. Likes Mimi0305 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Janie, you did a really nice job on your blanket. It's a little hard to tell from photos, but it looks like your stitching is even. You chose a pretty difficult pattern stitch for a first project, I admire you for that. Thanks for sharing your lovely project.

Post Thanks / Like
    Janie, I don't see any errors. I've made a baby blanket before too with one or more edges that weren't straight or the same length. It probably depends on how tight or loose you crochet to try and keep it the same throughout your project. Maybe it matters too on whether you are stretching the yarn while you are crocheting. You'll get better with practice.