Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Trouble Finishing Projects and Need Help...

I am finding that I have trouble with finishing projects.
    I know this is something that only I can change, but I was wondering if anyone else suffers with this as well and what it is that they do that helps them through it?

Also, I have troubles with securing the blankets when they are done to look neat and professional is there any tips that anyone can suggest that works for them?
    Something for a beginner?

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Miss Brandi,
    I'm not sure why you are having trouble finishing. Could it be that you grow bored with the project? Many of us have several projects going at the same time so we can switch off when we grow bored.

As for your other question, what do you mean by "securing"?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

My challenge becomes a time factor - I start a few things and I do not have alot of time to devote to finishing. This is why I only start one or two things at a time. Curious to see what others say in answer to your questions!

Post Thanks / Like
    I just finish a afghan that I started 5 years ago...the problem was I got bored with the colors..it was shades of blue..luckly I had gotten enough yarn @ the time to complete it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a few projects that I didn't finish because I got bored with it or couldn't find the things I needed to finish it! I made a child's fishing set that uses superstrong magnets to "catch" the fish and I can't find them any where I live! I also have a counting frog set that I started and found the eyes are quite expensive- about $2 for a pair. Times that by 12 fish...I could never charge that much when I sell it! Ordering online adds up when you figure postage,etc.

6. Likes Miss Brandi liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryjane View Post
    I have a few projects that I didn't finish because I got bored with it or couldn't find the things I needed to finish it! I made a child's fishing set that uses superstrong magnets to "catch" the fish and I can't find them any where I live! I also have a counting frog set that I started and found the eyes are quite expensive- about $2 for a pair. Times that by 12 fish...I could never charge that much when I sell it! Ordering online adds up when you figure postage,etc.
    That's good to know about online ordering thank you and very creative.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresa L View Post
    Miss Brandi,
    I'm not sure why you are having trouble finishing. Could it be that you grow bored with the project? Many of us have several projects going at the same time so we can switch off when we grow bored.

As for your other question, what do you mean by "securing"?
    Putting the blanket together.
    I always feel that when I finish the square's, that I have trouble tucking in the left over thread nicely.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Brandi View Post
    Putting the blanket together.
    I always feel that when I finish the square's, that I have trouble tucking in the left over thread nicely.
    There was whole thread here a while back about how to weave in the ends of yarn.I usually take a sewing needle with a large eye and pull the tail through the color it matches so it is "sewn" into the work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,
    I'm almost finished crocheting an afghan. Is there a faster way to weave all these loose threads on the wrong side? There are so many. Is there a better way than to use a large eye needle and sew them all in invisibly?
    Amy Lazarus

Vaunda
    I always finish each project after i start it, the end result is worth the effort.
    I always have one other project that is easy and that I can take in the car when we are travelling, that one takes awhile to finish but I know it's a project that i can do while someone else is driving.
    If you do projects in granny squares block them before you sew them together, that requires you to pin them to an ironing board and press them lightly and let them dry for awhile. Then when they are sewn together the end result is much better. After it is together you just have to give it another light pressing. If its a blanket done all in one piece. a light pressing should make the difference. hope this helps. Vaunda