Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Question Square scrubbies

I crochet scrubbies out of tulle. I do the round ones. Someone mentioned they saw some that were square, the other day, I would be very interested in a pattern for the square ones. Can anyone help? thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

This is the only square pattern I have been able to find today. Other members may know of additional resources, too.

Square scrubbies

Scrubbie Pattern | Yarn14760′s Blog

3. Likes N/A, KathyFuller, Fshngal liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a pattern for square scrubbers-but is regular crochet cotton on one side and uses nylon yarn on the other side, the two sides are held together and crocheted around! I don't know if you could use the tulle instead of nylon yarn?

5. Likes joeshimo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The square scrubbies I've seen are: layered tulle sewn together with a 2 inch decorative crochet edge around it... (all together about a 6 inch square). I've not made them but looks easy enough to make. Good Luck!

7. Likes joeshimo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought all this tule thinking I was going to make some scrubbies and I never could figure out how to do it so here sits the tule along with the tubs and tubs of yarn, beanie babies and ceramic kitties I inherited from my Mom!
    Carolyn

9. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi...I didn't know there was such a thing as nylon yarn. Where would you find something like this? I've been crocheting for 36 years and I've never seen it anywhere. Maybe online??

Post Thanks / Like
    Kathy, The nylon yarn was some I had to use on plastic canvas! I've had it awhile! But I did look around on the internet and found nylon yarn, but i don't remember where! I just googled nylon yarn! The scrubby actually works very well!

12. Likes N/A, KathyFuller liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, maryjane!! I'll look for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I make scrubbies that are square. Cut the tulle into 1and a half strips, use kitchen cotton yarn , hold strip of tulle strand of cotton yarn and crochet a four row granny square. Makes a nice size scrubbies. Hopes this helps.

15. Likes N/A, joeshimo, KathyFuller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tubs of Yarn

Hi Carolyn.
    You have to make strips from the yardage of tule. Then, you could just crochet the strips into rounds. I would layer them to make it puffier for the shower. For a face scrubber, just one round is fine. I am jealous of your "tubs and tubs of yarn". Not really, but you should start crocheting with the yarn. Your Mom's Ceramic kitties could say hello to my ceramic kitties. I only have a few special beanie babies left. I sold the rest.
    Start to play...it's fun to crochet.
    Caryn Joy

17. Likes N/A liked this post