Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Hi, New Here

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, New Here

Hi, my name is Meg, and I found this lovely forum tonight. I'm well over 50, started learning to crochet from books about 10 years ago. I make mostly garments, from scarves to sweaters, and lately doilies (thread is so affordable! ) I am currently doing a doily in size 20 thread on a size 7 hook, this is the first time I have been able to go as small as 20; pretty exciting!

On a personal note, I am married, and I have 2 cats. We live in Colorado, and yes, we are snowed in tonight. I am a Christian, and I was deeply touched to see so many other Christian women here (one reason I joined).

So Hi everybody, hope you're enjoying your crocheting and friends met here. Looking forward to getting to know folks and to sharing.

2. Likes AudreyL, Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Meg! It is nice to meet you. I am Larisa. I crochet doilies. What is color of your cats? I have 6 birds.
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Larisa, I have seen your work. I really admire your skill and artistry! My boy cat, Fizzie is the color of sand and very fuzzy, my girl cat, Echo has smooth fur in many colors. She is mostly brown with tans and whites and bits of silver. I love birds, it must be nice to have six!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and Welcome to ct Megcsti..

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Meg. I wish I could have a cat but my birds fly in the room. Happy crocheting!!
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome! Nice to have you here on site with us!

You are more than welcome here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    Thank you Meg. I wish I could have a cat but my birds fly in the room. Happy crocheting!!
    LOL, I wish I could have birds, I just love them, but Fizzie would give the poor things a heart attack!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    Hello and welcome! Nice to have you here on site with us!

You are more than welcome here!
    Thank you, Barbara. It's a treat to be able to "talk" about crochet, since just about everybody I know knits. I'm pretty sure I am the only person I know who makes doilies, a new skill that I am enjoying thoroughly!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    Hello Meg! It is nice to meet you. I am Larisa. I crochet doilies. What is color of your cats? I have 6 birds.
    What kind of birds do you have? Do they sing? Do any talk? I think your home must be a very special place with lots of beautiful doilies and thread work and birds bringing such beautiful life. Do you have a flower garden too? You seem like you would grow beautiful flowers too :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello. I have 4 budgerigars and 2 crazy lovebirds. They make sounds. They do not talk too. I do not have my own doilies but gifted to me. I sent all of my doilies. I live in the little apartment without sun at the well bottom and flowers cannot survive. I have tried them but they died trying to reach the light. I have a "green hand" but it does not help.
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן