Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Keeping Track of Test Swatches

I'm forever trying new stitches and patterns using various combinations of yarns and hooks. Some tests are great, some are 'maybe', and most are 'absolutely hate'. I haven't found a good way to keep track of the combinations I've tested. Does anyone else have this problem or found a solution?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi DonnaJN,

They do make swatch notebook pages. Maybe you could even take page protectors in a notebook and place your swatches in each page with notes, as well. I look forward to hearing others ideas, too.

Here is a link on swatch pages to review:

Yarnmarket - Knit One Crochet Too Swatch Notebook Pockets and over 800 Yarn brands in stock for fast delivery

I have not used this product before, but found it very interesting.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never done this, but it sounds like a great idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know exactly what you mean about keeping track of your test swatches. Here is what I have started doing. I got one of the largest three ring binder notebooks. I think the rings are 3 inches. Then I filled it with plastic pockets, the ones that open from the top work better then the ones that open from the side. I put the directions and the swatch in the pocket, all is kept together and I can find them easy. I also keep my patterns off the internet in there.

I hope this hint will help you.

JCG1224

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much! I think I'll try the notebook. Patterns, hooks, etc, I keep track of in Evernote, but the swatches were defeating me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Folks,

I have been working on a rectangular granny for the past couple days. I just ran across 3 skeins only 3 1/2 oz, each of Red Heart yarn in shades of red. (no telling how old it is) I am using that along with white and a little solid red. It really is popping and I like it a lot.

Since the granny stitches are open and aren't as warm of an afghan as I usually like to use I have modified my stitches a little bit to pull them closer together yet keep the same look. I make a TRC in the center stitch and drop it down into the center stitch of the row below the one I am working on. It makes a point and give a little different look to it, plus makes it a little warmer.

Love to hear what others are working on and in what stitches.
    Judi G.