Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: hi again

Post Thanks / Like

hi again

Hi forgot to say in my introduction that I live in Kentucky, in the US. I am a grandmother with three grandchildren, 2 1/2 and under. I teach English part time to non-English speakers (mostly refugees) and crochet whenever I have a spare minute. Right now we're crocheting sweaters for baby kits to send to refugees overseas. I've found that if you want to do a warm sweater in crochet, it needs to be done in sc. If anyone knows of another stitch that is tight and warm, please let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    The half sc would proably work too. But you are right the smaller the stitch the warmer it will be. God Bless you for doing that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome fom Pa. Good to have you with us

Post Thanks / Like
    I am amazed by your energy! God bless you and your endeavors. Sounds like you have been doing this for awhile. I am trying to teach myself. Would a linked stitch be warm enough? Anyway, much encouragement to you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Crochet Talk!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Sleepiebear! Don't be amazed. My housework gets neglected with all these projects, so there you go. I'm not sure what a linked stitch is, but I'll look it up. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never used a half sc. I'll look that up. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have a cat? I have 6 birds
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, how lovely! What kind of birds? We have a dog and two cats, but they're usually outside. My family has had birds from time to time, mostly parakeets, but after we got married we had a love bird. The only problem was he kept attacking us! We finally returned him to the lady who had given him to us and she put him with a mate. After that he was quite gentle, so she said she thinks love birds need to be in pairs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello
    I have 4 budgerigars and 2 crazy lovebirds. Yes, lovebirds are aggressive and bite. They are only independent. If mine are hungry they fly to my shoulder... (can bite ear) What is color of your cats?
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן