Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: I'm New Here

Post Thanks / Like

I'm New Here

I'm Pat and I heard of this forum from a fellow crafter. I'm happy to know of this forum, it certainly looks friendly and interesting.

I've been crocheting for about 30 years or so, and also have become very familiar with knitting in the last 15 years. I really enjoy making a variety of things, mittens, scarves, baby items and all kinds of interesting patterns I like to try. Made a lot of things for our church bazaar which were well received, it's a friendly spot to be and I enjoy donating items. I also learned Swedish Weaving earlier this year and have made a few placemat sets, some runners, and am almost finished a beautiful Snowflake pattern on a blue runner.

I also make my own personal greeting cards and that's quite enjoyable, always a new idea or technique.

Looking forward to interacting here when I'm able and meeting new friends, and sharing ideas.

Pat

2. Likes AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    I have looked at this site several times. Did not realize that there were patterns available. I do crochet and knitting. Have been doing it over 40 years. Have made a lot of baby items for my children, grand children, and great grand children. Just finished several sets of hats and booties for charity. Look forward to using this site.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello. It is nice to meet you! I crochet filet items
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to both of you! Nice to have you here on the site with us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and Welcome Pat and Chall0000 to ct. Pat, what is Swedish Weaving? Can you post a picture of it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank-you. I love the look of crochet doilies and have several of them in my home. I tried a couple of times to work with the fine thread used to make doilies, but didn't get the right feel for the small hook and the fine thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with you, knitting and crocheting is very rewarding to me. I don't have children, but baby items have always been a favourite thing for me to make. Luckily there's always the local hospital gift shop, our church and several charities. It appears like there's a lot of links to patterns on the site, although I often find free patterns by searching the internet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your warm welcome. Swedish Weaving used to be called "huck weaving" and was often done on tea towels in the past. I'm still getting used to a camera on my tablet, but in the meantime I'll try to post a link to show you what I'm working on...

Hopefully this link will show you a picture done by someone else of the pattern I'm working on currently. You work on a cloth with raised threads and you weave under the top 2 bits, creating a pattern as you go. There's many different patterns out there, apparently the snowflake pattern is quite complicated....didn't know that when I started it, but loved it and wanted to try it....

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/177047829071119694/

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your warm welcome. Swedish Weaving used to be called "huck weaving" and was often done on tea towels in the past. I'm still getting used to a camera on my tablet, but in the meantime I'll try to post a link to show you what I'm working on...

Hopefully this link will show you a picture done by someone else of the pattern I'm working on currently. You work on a cloth with raised threads and you weave under the top 2 bits, creating a pattern as you go. There's many different patterns out there, apparently the snowflake pattern is quite complicated....didn't know that when I started it, but loved it and wanted to try it....

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/177047829071119694/