Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Knook - Thread Two

Hello,

Here is thread two for those interested in continuing the discussion on using the Knook. The first thread had 10 pages of replies, so it was time to retire it.

Thanks for understanding!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I just have to add, I really enjoy it. It uses less yarn and it comes out so plyable....If you have extra afgan hooks, I recomend having a hole put in the extra one and give it a whirl.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All... I finally received my Knook kit... it has 5 different size hooks with various lengths of cord for them as well as a dvd and a book with several different types of patterns. I have opened the package but haven't tried it out yet...I'm still making myself wait until the unending project of finishing my sewing/craft room... have made some headway but still have a long way to go...beverly

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Barbara G.;10456]Hello,

Here is thread two for those interested in continuing the discussion on using the Knook. The first thread had 10 pages of replies, so it was time to retire it.

Thanks for understanding!

Hello Barbara,
    What is knooking?

Post Thanks / Like
    I had JUST found a Knook kit, the small one with three hooks in it. It is basically a way to 'knit' with a crochet hook. It is half way between a Tunsian (afghan stitch) and knitting. There is a hole in the end of the crochet hook that you thread a piece of round nylon cord in, then pick up your loops like you would with Tunsian, but you don't work them back off, instead you leave the chord in place and unthread it from the hole in the back of the hook, (All the loops stay on the chord) thread another chord on the hook, and then turn the work and continue to pick up loops, once you have done that, you can take the first piece of chord out of the loops that are now secured by your last row of loops made. It is fun and great for 'something different to do' if you don't want to knit with two needles. It is also a great way for crocheters to 'transition' from crochet to knitting. I think it would be fun to play with during those times when I am sorta tired of crochet (like when I am uninspired with a project) and want to do something different for a little while. Those who already know how to knit might find this method more frustrating than fun. I look forward to playing with mine the next time I have an inspiration dry spell. (I can't call it 'crocheter's block' because crocheters MAKE blocks...LOL)

Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought a Knook this weekend, and haven't made up my mind yet, I can't knit to save my life, so I thought I would give the knook a try. So far it's not going well

Post Thanks / Like
    I've seen the Knook discussed here and in other places. I would love to try it, but I can't find one anywhere. I enjoy learning new techniques, so I'm thinkin' I would love this. I live in a very small town and we don't have that many places to find yarn or other craft type things. I've looked for the Knook at Walmart, but ours doesn't carry it. I've also looked at Hobby Lobby a couple towns away, but they didn't have it either. Any suggestions? I know I could go online shopping and find it, but the shipping is always so expensive.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got lucky and found mine at my local walmart. It was the smaller kit with 3 Knooks, not the one with 5. You may want to try other walmart stores, My local walmart has hardly any kind of a yarn selection, but the one just 10 miles down the road has a complete isle and then some, still not a big selection of the brands I like but bigger none-the-less, try searching for the nearest Michales, Joann's fabric, Hancock fabric, you already mentioned Hobby Lobby, very surprised to hear that hobby lobby didn't have it! WOW! You may want to sign up for Joanns fabrics, they are always having some sort of sale online and in store. Maybe with what you save could balance out the shipping.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found it to be a little more frustrating than I expected. I don't know whether it was because I know how to knit or what. I don't knit a lot but I didn't give the knook must practice either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyFuller View Post
    I've seen the Knook discussed here and in other places. I would love to try it, but I can't find one anywhere. I enjoy learning new techniques, so I'm thinkin' I would love this. I live in a very small town and we don't have that many places to find yarn or other craft type things. I've looked for the Knook at Walmart, but ours doesn't carry it. I've also looked at Hobby Lobby a couple towns away, but they didn't have it either. Any suggestions? I know I could go online shopping and find it, but the shipping is always so expensive.
    Kathy....if you can buy it online today, Leisure Arts is offering free shipping on the expanded beginner set.
    "As an extra incentive, we're offering *free shipping on our Knook Expanded Beginner Set through 5/31 with coupon code: HU23Y6FM98 and $1 off of the original Knook Beginner Set with coupon code: CVFF5QVM0Q1W
    Leisure Arts
    http://tinypic.com/k3rq4z.gif

11. Likes KathyFuller liked this post