Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

New Member from Virginia - USA

Hi, I'm a new member. I discovered this site while i was looking for instructions for chainless crochet, and got side-tracked. I started crocheting when I was about 10 years old and have been at it, off and on, ever since. I'm just returning (again) and already have 4 on-going projects. Christmas is looming on the horizon, and I've got so many ideas for gifts.

I've just discovered amigurumi (crocheted stuffed animals, and love working on them. They're so cute and there are so many great designs available. I just made the cutest pig (named Piggy Pie) for my best friend for her 81st birthday. It turned out so adorable that I almost kept it for myself. The Amigurumi are easy to do - worked in rounds, usually in single crochet. To start I purchased a pattern book at my local craft store, but there are lots of patterns on line as well.

They make terrific gifts for children or adults.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello teapot1640,

It is nice to meet you! We also have another new member today from Virginia that joined the group! Wow!

It is amazing that you began to crochet at age 10! My daughter is nine and I am thinking about teaching her sometime soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello I live in southwest Va. I have lived here mosrt of my life. What part of Va do you live in

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi There and Welcome,
    So glad to have new members. I live in Canada, but have friends in Virginia. Its a lovely state, I guess the weather is starting to cool a little there as it is here. Misty

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to have you teapot!

I intend to try the crocheted stuffed animals (that I learned about on this forum) after I get all of my hats crocheted for Christmas. I've been making hats for every one on both sides of our family. My two grandchildren have birthdays in December and January so I really want to try to get to that, soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    You are really a busy girl, I wish I had more time for crochet, but right now there are other things that take priority. Like working, supposed to be retired. Don't know how I ever kept house and raised 2 children and had a full time job....I must be slowing down. Misty

Post Thanks / Like
    hello thx for letting me in

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Virginia
    We just love having new people join. Please feel free to add to our conversations or to ask for help with a project. Someone usually has done it or knows someone that did it. Misty