Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Im new to Crochet

Hello everyone!
    My name is Penni(Ann), and in this last week I've started to learn Crochet. So far, I love it and find it very hard to put it down to go to work! I've only learned SC and working on HDC, so I'm at a practice that stitch stage. I hope to learn some wonderful things here so I too can be the best I can be with the craft. Have a great day and Thank You for this forum. Penni

2. Likes AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Penni! you have started on a great adventure! I've crocheted since I was taught when I was about 9 years old. there are plenty of youtube video's that can help you. I've just started to learn how to do amigurumi. It is a Japanese name for making dolls and all sorts of things. All you really need to do learn is do sc which you have mastered! Oh and how to read their patterns but that's pretty easy once to read up or watch a few video's. pm me if you have any further questions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Penni,
    Welcome to ct. Double crochet is similar to half double crochet. As you know with half double crochet it's yarn over, go through stitch, pull yarn through and pull through all 3 loops on hook. The double crochet is the same thing except when you have your 3 loops on the hook then pull through 2 loops and through 2 loops again. A sc is through 2 loops once as you know. dc is through 2 loops twice. triple crochet is through 2 loops 3 times.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums!! It is a pleasure to have you here as a member!!

Please make yourself at home here among crochet friends!!