Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Doilies

Post Thanks / Like

Doilies

Here are a few of the projects I have been working on. Pictures were taken before I washed and blocked them though.
    Attached Images Attached Images Doilies-wp_000109-jpg Doilies-wp_000102-jpg Doilies-wp_000074-jpg Doilies-wp_000046-jpg 

2. Likes libertylady64, knittylady liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Terry,

Nice work! Thank you for sharing with the group!

Post Thanks / Like
    Who said "doilies"????? I am addicted on doilies! Terry! I really love your works and colors. I love to see works of others especially DOILIES == kl1000

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

I agree. Doilies are addicting and I am definitely hooked! Not sure what I'll ever do with all of them as there is only so much room to put them, but I sure enjoy making them. The challenge has been to find good pattern books. Fortunately, I picked up two more books at our local craft store, but even they are limited in what they offer. I think this will make the 5th book of patterns I've found, so I am good to go for awhile. How do you store yours? I am currently trying to find a container that is big enough to stack them without folding them. Some of my larger doilies are about 24" around, and I haven't had much luck finding a container big enough to fit those in yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Terry! I do not read paper books any more. I download patterns from Internet and they are on DVD. I print them when I need. Oh... I do not have my doilies here. I give them away. I even sold a few items!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a stack of patterns I've printed off from the Internet too. I have already given away some, and am making up alot for future gifts as well. What are some of your favorite sites for finding patterns?

Post Thanks / Like
    Terry! I am addicted on filet these days and I use Antique Patterns Library. I am very impressed and I rechart some patterns. Unfortunately I am not English speaking and we have own sites in our language to discuss crocheting and patterns

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not tried the filet crochet for doilies yet. I am just teaching myself as I go, so maybe some day I will move on to the filet style. The doilies you have posted pictures of are very nice. What size thread do you use for filet crochet? I have seen the Antique Patterns Library online, but have not yet tried to sign up on it since I didn't want to answer all the sponsor questions first.

Post Thanks / Like
    Terry! I love #30 thread for all doilies! Library is free to visit no registration. I did not answer any questions. I have a lot of doily patterns I cannot make until the end of my life but I never have enough LOL == Larisa

Post Thanks / Like
    Same here - never enough time, but I do manage to complete at least one a week. I'm still using the #10 size thread because it is what the patterns I've been using have called for. It also comes in bigger size balls of thread and is cheaper, so with the amount of crochet thread I go through, I better stick to the cheaper stuff for now. haha. But, I do want to try the smaller threads some day. And I'll have to go back to the Antique Patterns Library website and look again. Maybe there is a way around all those pesky questions. Thanks!