Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone crochet Carolyn Christmas patterns?

I trying to crochet Carolyn Christmas pattern Uptown Downtown Shrug. I gotten thru the back section.It confusing to do the armhole area.If anyone knowledge of doing the shrug where you start in the back and then start doing around the in cirlces. I am going to tried reading it to understand. If you have done this pattern ? Maybe you could explain a little.
    Thanks,
    cvteresa

Post Thanks / Like
    Once you've got the 'spool' shaped piece completed, simply join the corners of the spool as illustrated on Page 4 of the pattern and continue working in rounds along the body opening. The first time you do the pattern it seems really confusing, but if you follow the directions exactly, after you've done a few rounds it will all make sense.

The worst thing you can do is work it the way you 'think' its supposed to work or try to second guess the pattern, as it just won't work. Just follow what's written and you'll be fine!
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    i understand what you are saying but how many chains to make.I doing the xl-2x.Is it the one that has row 30.I understand about doing the rest in circle. When I first started the thing it different tell how many chains to get beginning I figure out I need to do 75 chains to get at 25. I have you done this one. I really the designs that she has created.
    Thanks,
    cvteresa

Post Thanks / Like
    You don't need to do any chains at all other than the ones that are indicated in the pattern. Basically you are joining the 'spool' shape as shown in the diagram.

Yes, I've made this pattern a number of times without any problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you,
    I had figure it out last night but started back on it today. I had seen a video on one similary like it .It does a square in the back of dc stitches then count the amount you start with ,then do in the rounds.
    cvteresa

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this pattern on line? I have been looking for a shrug pattern and haven't found one I really like. I am assuming Carolyn Christmas is the designer. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    You buy it thru Annie Attics as a download.You need to look for it under the designer section.I just finish mine today and it looks good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. i have been getting their e-mails a couple months but have not looked in the designer section.

Post Thanks / Like
    The one I did is the one that is green.You are welcome.
    cvteresa

Post Thanks / Like
    All of Carolyn Christmas' patterns are available on her Website, Gourmet Crochet.
    Gourmet Crochet

Please note though that her wearable designs are for the advanced crocheter as they do require a fair knowledge of crochet before you start.