Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Hello..

Post Thanks / Like

Hello..

Hello all I just found this site and decided to join thought it might help me with my crocheting to better understand it and be able to talk with other crocheters .... My name is Elaine I go by LilWing on here. I have crocheted leisurely off and on for .... ummm.... 30 sum years now. My mother in law ( rest her soul) taught me and it took a while for me to catch it because she was right handed and I'm a lefty.
    I enjoy crafting and making things, to give to others to bring a smile to their faces. I am 55 yrs young, a mother to 6 grown children who most have given me 8 beautiful grandkids so far, and I have acquired one beautiful great grandson from the relationship I am in now . His granddaughter had a little boy who has stolen my heart.
    I live in eastern Ky and work as a cashier when I'm not crocheting, crafting, or spending quality time with my sweetheart. He inspires me to reach beyond my current talents to achieve new ones. I love cats and take care a small colony (18) of TNR fur babies.
    I want to try my hand at graphgans but have been unable to find an easy one that I like to start with. I have made scarves, coffee cozies, and a small lap blanket (for the great grandson) cell phone pouches (for granddaughters) crocheted purse
    (for granddaughter),hacky sack ( for grandson) just within the past month.
    Well enough about me I've went on long enough.... I'm going to quit writing and start exploring this site to see what new stuff I can learn and maybe try...... Hope everyone has a great day.....looking forward to making new friends on here ... happy crocheting everyone

2. Likes AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. It s nice to meet you! I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kl1000;177878]Welcome to the Forum. It s nice to meet you! I crochet doilies[/QUOTE
    I always wanted to learn how to do doilies ever since I was little and watch my blind grandma do them. Don't know how she did it without seeing the tiny stitches but they always turned out beautiful . Doilies are on my want to learn list as soon as I get a good maginfying glasses or something so I can see the tiny stitches

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to crochet filet pieces even work on filet bedspread. Do you have a cat? I have 7 birds = Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן