Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Post Lost afghan pattern

Greetings! Just joined.I have Lost the pattern for an afghan that used popcorn stitches that are within a diamond. I made it @ 25 years ago and in moving out of State, lost instructions. I would love to make this again and would greatly appreciate assistance in finding this easy to make item. Thank you! pianist2

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried going to red heart.com and checking the free afghan patterns?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Here is a diamond popcorn stitch afghan. Not sure if it is the one you made, but hopefully it is similar:

Lost afghan pattern-thumbnail-jpg

Popcorn Diamond Afghan | AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns.com
    Last edited by Barbara G.; 04-24-2012 at 08:08 PM. Reason: trying to allow picture to be seen

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you very much! I went to suggested site and copied the pattern. Looks beautiful. Definitely will try. My pattern did not require joining panels but built onto previous rows. The diamonds were large(encompassing 12 dc st rows to complete 1 diamond) and done in popcorn st. The whole was 9 rows high and 4 rows wide(I think) - Also, the popcorn st filled the interior of the diamonds - and I think(?) had tr st between the raised diamonds. Once again, thank you and I appreciated my warm welcome.pianist2

Post Thanks / Like
    I just went through my older patterns and found two different ones. The first is from Hooked on Crochet Sept/Oct 1992.It is called Blue Diamonds and is worked one direction only leaving longer strings at the beginning and end of each row making fringe. The diamonds are done using raised dc in the front loops making a pattern of rows that are raised diamonds and flat diamonds...not too clear ,huh?I made it and it was beautiful. The 2nd pattern is from Crochet World Oct 2008. It is called Bobble Diamonds Afghan..picture is a medium sage color,it is done in trebles. I will gladly rip them out of the magazines(original copies if you are interested.Let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you! I will immediately give that a try. Pianist2

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. No I had not gone to Red Heart and will do so. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much! I would LOVE to have those patterns, they sound really pretty. But I feel badly that you would have to tear the pg. from your magazines. Is it possible to scan the 2 and forward them(or is that more trouble for you?)? I made the afghan in 1983. Many cherished memories surround that time as I was pregnant with my son who since has passed away. Thank you for taking the time to search for the patterns. I REALLY appreciate this. pianist2

Post Thanks / Like

Copyright issue

It is not a problem to send the original pages to you, I don't plan on repeating the afghans,and I already tore them out several years ago due to limited space in my notebooks. Making copies and distributing them on copyrighted patterns can get us both into trouble, on some crochet sites they immediately chastise you...so I make sure everybody knows I'm sending the "Original Pattern". E-mail me with your address dlkelly2@yahoo.com and I will be happy to send them to you.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Lost afghan patterns

pianist2...I haven't received a response to the request for your address.Are you still interested? If not would the other crocheter who requested the pattern please contact me again...Thank you...AuntyD