Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

marine corps crocheted (or knit) small items to make for 50+ reunion; and baby sweaer

I am looking for some quick patterns to make military items (Marines) for a reunion in June. Last year I knitted dishclothes that had the Marine Corps emblem knitted in the design. This year I need something different.

Also, looking for a crocheted pattern of a baby sweater, hat and botties I made in the 60's and 70's. It had a solid yoke, and the main part was shell stitch. I may have gotten it out of workbasket at the time, but not sure. Cannot find it anywhere. It is quick to do, and looks nice. Hope someone can help with one or both of these request.

thank you

Knittylady
    Last edited by knittylady; 04-23-2012 at 11:27 AM. Reason: signed it wrong...forgot a letter in name

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I wonder if you could make a simple scarf with marine corp emblems. I have been searching for something online and have not come up with much which is quick.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been making things for a military (Navy) reunion. I crocheted a flag afghan and pillow for the auction, but I made red,white & blue bookmarks to put in the welcome envelopes. I think I'm going to do dishcloths and some coasters also for the wifes/friends, then put a card that if anyone wants to swap items it might be something fun to do while the guys are gathering.

I have the bookmark pattern here somewhere if you're interested, let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    My husband had suggested making an afghan and auctioning it off, too. It would help with the cost of next year, or money could be given to a charity of the person who gets it.
    I would like the bookmarker pattern if it is not too much trouble. Don't go to too much trouble. I know how it is to find a pattern you are sure you know where it is, then..... of course you are probably more organized than I am. I am trying to solve that, but have not succeeded yet. Thank you for your suggestions.
    The coasters I am making (for one thing) is springtime coasters by Doni Speigle. I know I got it on line somewhere free, but do not see a website on my paper. I made the center and outside edge gold and the the inside around the center red for the marine corps. They are quick and very nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    good idea, but since I have so many to make, and so little time, I am trying for something smaller and quicker. thank you...an idea for next year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny, I just found a springtime coaster pattern today and will try to make some too.

I also found another interesting coaster pattern, it's Toe coasters. You crochet the toes onto the coaster for a place to set your spoon. That pattern is at
    Crochet With Cris.

And here's the link for the bookmark and other patriotic items,
    Crafts - Free Craft Patterns at www.allcrafts.net

Hope you can get into these websites. The Allcrafts site had a lot of military items.
    Good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you very much

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by knittylady View Post

Also, looking for a crocheted pattern of a baby sweater, hat and botties I made in the 60's and 70's. It had a solid yoke, and the main part was shell stitch. I may have gotten it out of workbasket at the time, but not sure. Cannot find it anywhere. It is quick to do, and looks nice. Hope someone can help with one or both of these request.

thank you

Knittylady
    Is this close to what you need?
    marine corps crocheted (or knit) small items to make for 50+ reunion; and baby sweaer

Post Thanks / Like
    don't think it is exactly, but love it. Do you know where to get the pattern?
    Joan

Post Thanks / Like
    It's in a booklet called Nursery Styles for 3 to 12 months by Beehive. I have the booklet right beside me. I've been downsizing my too big collection of patterns and ran across not one but two Patons booklets this afternoon with this pattern. I would happily send it to you.

You might want to check out this link which has a lot of the Alice Fowler designs from Workbasket magazines:
    http://alicefowler.com/fowler/index.html
    Last edited by armybrat; 05-08-2012 at 07:05 PM.