Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Hello, my name is Mariah

I'm ten years old almost eleven. I love to crochet.But I don't know how to knit and I live in Horseshoe Bend, Idaho.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Mariah, welcome to the group! I love hearing that a younger person enjoys to crochet. I have a granddaughter your age in Nampa, ID who also crochets and knits!

Cindy

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to our group! It is nice to have you here! What types of things do you like to crochet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Mariah. It s nice to meet you! I love to make thread doilies

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Mariah! I'm really glad you joined us! You could help us-you can let us know what type of things kids your age are "in to"! I sell crochet things at craft fairs and would love to know what type of things you like!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Mariah. You are about the same age that I was when I taught myself to knit using a "Learn How To Knit" book. But late on I switched to crochet because it was faster. Every now and then I go back to knitting for a project or two. Good to have you join us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Mariah, I am so glad you know how to crochet. I just wish my granddaughter (your age) wanted to learn how to crochet or knit either one. Is there someone you know that knits and can teach you? If not, and there is a Walmart near you see if they have a craft department, not all do. They may have a "Learn to Knit" book. They are usually small, cost about $5.00, but contain a lot of information. You can also go to "Allfreeknitting" on the internet and get patterns and look at videos that teach or show you how to cast on your stitches and the differences between purl and knitting stitches. I know little about knitting, however, my daughter learned to knit when she was about your age. I have learned how to do several things about crochet on a Allfreecrochet".
    Good luck Mariah.

Post Thanks / Like
    Im 64 years old and I can not Knit either I think it is awesome you can crochet at your age. Most young people at your age can not set still long enough to learn so please know tht you are very Awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mariah, there is a site called knittinghelp..com i used it to learn how to purl. Sit by your computer with yarn and needles and follow the videos. I had to watch several times before I got it.
    I am trying to teach my 9 year old neighbor to crochet. Do you have any hints for me to help her? She is very tense when she starts and her chain is all twisted. Help!

Post Thanks / Like
    I tol Mariah about knittinghelp .com they have videos to teach you how to knit. That is how I learned.