Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
    Post Thanks / Like

Question What are your favorite recipe sites?

Hello,

I am curious what your favorite recipe sites are. What site do you use most often and why?

I really need to get a grip on my planning meals. I would like to get away from using so many prepared meals to get me through the week. It is not as healthy for me or my family as compared to cooking from scratch.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to use a variety. For everyday stuff, I use BettyCrocker.com. I also like Martha Stewart when I'm looking for something a little more elegant. Rachel Ray's site is good too. AllCOoks.com has the biggest selection I've ever seen.

3. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a huge fan of allrecipes.com. They have so many recipes to choose from, a recipe box you can save to, ratings and reviews to help you customize your recipe, and so much more. On occasion, I'll search the web for a recipe if I can't find something I like on allrecipes.com. But it's generally my go-to recipe site.

5. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    It's British based, but BBC Good Food is excellent, as is the food section on the main BBC website. I like those sites a lot as you can sort recipes by type, search by ingredient, only look for vegetarian or simple meals and there are comments too from people who have made the dish before. I often use them when there are a hotch potch of weird ingredients left in the fridge and I think, "What on earth am I going to make with THAT!?"

7. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks ladies for the responses! I am always looking for new recipes to try!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbi,

I get regular emails from Recipe Lion.com I have used several of them. Check them out some time, if you haven't already.
    Judi G

10. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    There are a lot of great spots mentioned here. Between the book recommendations, the shared patterns, the cooking sites, I don't know when I'll have time to do anything else!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    Hello,

I am curious what your favorite recipe sites are. What site do you use most often and why?

I really need to get a grip on my planning meals. I would like to get away from using so many prepared meals to get me through the week. It is not as healthy for me or my family as compared to cooking from scratch.
    ALL of them lol. But love Taste of Home and Betty Crocker too. Of course Hersheys.com is a great one hahaha

Post Thanks / Like
    recipetips.com
    This is a good one. You can sign up for e-mails and they will send you a weekly menu for ideas.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

I like Chef in Training blog. Very good recipes. Also Bitman has his own site with great ideas. Also check out eatingwell.com for great healthy recipes that are also delicious!
    Last edited by danielle1962; 01-23-2012 at 07:39 AM. Reason: more details