Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Eureka!!! I finally figured it out!!!

Last night it finally came to me...the runner design does not have to be a "perfect oval"!!!! I have been beating myself up on this for weeks.

I went back to the design I first came up with and tweaked it some. Now I am confident that it will work and look great. Here are photo's of what I am doing.

Eureka!!!  I finally figured it out!!!-doily-runner-640x427-jpgEureka!!!  I finally figured it out!!!-doily-center-640x427-jpgEureka!!!  I finally figured it out!!!-original-pansy-doily2-640x427-jpg

Cindy

Post Thanks / Like
    Cindy,

Thank you for sharing! I really like the third one! I am fond of purple and of flowers!

Post Thanks / Like
    The photo's actually turned out backward of how I wanted them. The last photo is the original doily. Center is two of the new "centers" I need to put together to make into the runner. First photo is of the design I finally came up with to attach the centers together to make a runner. It will have three centers that I will attach as shown. I plan to go around all of them in the main color for one row; then attach the green all around for the pansies. My friend who I am making the runner for and I have not come up with the exact colors of her pansies yet. I will post more photos as the work progresses.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't you just love those "Eureka" moments!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job; Looks very nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do love them alot; just wish they would come more often!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    That's great that you solved your problem! Too bad those Eureka moments don't come sooner!!! Any you have a great idea and it is nice!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Cindy,

Nice work. I love the one with the pansies. I made a doily years ago called "Money Lace Doily" that used those pansies around the edge and I loved it. It was in a spoked pattern in the center with bands about a half in wide between rows of the spokes. I got the pattern from a neighbor and have long since lost it over time. Just wondering if you may have heard of that one?

Love seeing your works, keep them coming.

Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by cindy.wright1 View Post
    Last night it finally came to me...the runner design does not have to be a "perfect oval"!!!! I have been beating myself up on this for weeks.

I went back to the design I first came up with and tweaked it some. Now I am confident that it will work and look great. Here are photo's of what I am doing.

Eureka!!!  I finally figured it out!!!-doily-runner-640x427-jpgEureka!!!  I finally figured it out!!!-doily-center-640x427-jpgEureka!!!  I finally figured it out!!!-original-pansy-doily2-640x427-jpg

Cindy

10. Likes cindy.wright1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is an excellent construction idea. I once made a afghan that was made with granny rectangles verses squares, so it did not have the typical magic circle or round in the center. Instead the pattern had me make (ch 4 tr in the 1st ch then ch 4 tr in the 1st ch of that group of chs) I repeated this 4 times ending up with what looked like 4 circles in a row then I made my granny "rectangle" just like I would with a square with 4 corners, I imagine this is another way you could create an oval also. I congratulate your imagination and skill in finding a method to make your oval this will be beautiful I am sure when you are finished.

12. Likes cindy.wright1 liked this post