Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Post Thanks / Like

New from Columbia SC - Hello

Hello,

Im new to Crocheting and have made a few scarfs. I want to make hats now and am struggling.

2. Likes Barbara G., AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crwatkin View Post
    Hello,

Im new to Crocheting and have made a few scarfs. I want to make hats now and am struggling.
    Hi crwatkin, I'm from Greenville, SC and live on the outskirts now - it's nice to meet you! I'd say the best thing to do is to find a youtube video of a beginner hat, bobwilson123 has a lot of easy ones she calls beanies, really cute caps/hats for men, women or kids. Her name is Clare and she's in Australia, but follow along with the video and that's the best way to learn, visually.

There are loads of beginner and easy caps on there, plus any other piece you'd like to make! I'd never have been able to make all of the pieces I've made had I not watched videos of them being made and followed along. You can stop and re-start, go backwards, until you get it!

I learned to crochet through youtube, then learned to read patterns, can do some diagram patterns now and will try any pattern I like. I had a crochet blog site for a year but have decided to close it down just recently due to time restraints and my disabilities, plus I took a lot of time to take some Craftsy classes to improve my crochet abilities too. I'd rather design and write patterns and use my time more for my own crochet, altho I loved my site and met a ton of great new friends thru it.

Also, Crochet Talk has a few lesson videos, and many websites, plus youtube (just search thru a search engine or on youtube!!) have tons of lessons on all basic stitches and lots more. Craftsy, a fantastic site, has some free and some paid crochet lessons, and the basic beginner classes are free - you need to go there for sure! Don't sweat it tho, it's just yarn and can always be frogged out and started over!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 08-27-2015 at 07:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quick Crochet Hat Crochet Pattern | Red Heart After clicking on this you have to download the pattern. You can google 'simple easy hat' and you can go to crochet talk and type in 'simple easy hat' in the search box at the top in the right hand corner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums! This is a wonderful group to belong to! Glad you joined us - please make yourself at home here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Crwatkin!