Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Written instructions or Picture Graph?

I have a question for all you crocheters who would like to participate...
    Which do you like...Written instrucitons or Picture Graphs?Both?

Post Thanks / Like
    I learned alot from the you tube videos. They have some great teachers on there!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm. Everyone can understand graphs but hat about foreign instructions???

Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer written instructions. I get lost and confused with the graphs. Maybe because I shy away from them and tend to not work with them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting; I tended to shy away from pic graph too; but I find it easier to find my place and get back to my crochet than w/ written instructions.

Post Thanks / Like
    I recommend to learn graphs. Some patterns could not be charted - some of Patricia Cristofersen (sorry for wrong spelling) stunning designs, but graphs are easy to follow and there is a lot of French, German, Polish etc patterns. There is a book how to learn graphs

Post Thanks / Like
    I like written instructions! Somehow I can't get the hang of charts (I have used them with mixed results).

Post Thanks / Like

Both

I prefer written instructions for things like scarves, hats, sweaters. However, when making doilies I much prefer charts. I have just about the full collection of Magic Crochet magazines and love their diagrams. One of the drawbacks with their patterns, however, is if you prefer to use written instructions, these are not complete.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to say that written instructions are for me. I took a graph and had to write the instructions out so I could crochet a rose!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I guess I will chime in on my own question. I used to prefere written instructions. I shyed away from pictures because one of my Aunts gave me what she was working on and a pic diagram. She is right handed and as I am left it was hard to pick up where she left off and I associated the pic graph w/ it. But now I look for diagrams especially if I find a pattern in another language....also I am a slow crocheter so having to find the row then where I left off or move the marker makes me in my opinion even slower. W/ the graph I just say oh row 12 and find right away where I left off; and if my project goes a little haywirer I can see easier were my mistake was. To ea is their own and whatever keeps us going lets keep doing, but sometimes trying something new just my surprise you....