Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from the great white north

Actually it's incredibly hot in Ottawa right now, but the Great White North seems a good place to start. I'm the mom of two grown children, I have a wonderful husband and a lab-mix dog who thinks he's a cat. I've been crocheting for a while and consider myself pretty good at it. I like to figure out tricky patterns for motifs, all those beautiful Russian flowers and stuff and then most of it goes into a box. I have been struggling with depression for a long time and as my husband says, it is the process that is therapeutic, not the product. I still go back to the antique Irish Crochet patterns from time to time but have yet to figure them out.

I also like to do other fabric crafts which I'm not sure what to call them - wall hangings, art quilts, I don't know, they are kind of like a collage with fabric and beads instead of paper and modge podge.

2. Likes AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome! Glad to have you here! Please make yourself at home here! :0)

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheila65 View Post
    Actually it's incredibly hot in Ottawa right now, but the Great White North seems a good place to start. I'm the mom of two grown children, I have a wonderful husband and a lab-mix dog who thinks he's a cat. I've been crocheting for a while and consider myself pretty good at it. I like to figure out tricky patterns for motifs, all those beautiful Russian flowers and stuff and then most of it goes into a box. I have been struggling with depression for a long time and as my husband says, it is the process that is therapeutic, not the product. I still go back to the antique Irish Crochet patterns from time to time but have yet to figure them out.

I also like to do other fabric crafts which I'm not sure what to call them - wall hangings, art quilts, I don't know, they are kind of like a collage with fabric and beads instead of paper and modge podge.
    Hi Shiela65 and welcome. I see you have a lab dog.... Take time to read my post called "stranded at the top of a ladder". Every time I read it I have a laughing fit all over again...now that I am NOT at the top of that ladder. If you can't find it, just type the post title in the "advanced search" line at the upper right corner of this page. My doctor showed me a picture of his son's lab that he baby sits for. That is one BIG dog!! Doc said the dog weighs 200 lbs and the dog's dad weighed 240 lbs. It is a female, she sure is one bi girl!! I sure hope my son's lab doesn't get that big! I won't be able to go and visit his family ever again if he gets that big. . When you can, please post a picture of your lab. We would love to see it. I wish I had a picture of the 200 pounder. Ha Ha, redhead/ aka Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 07-30-2015 at 04:39 AM.