Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  24
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Pay no attention to the man behind the Filet Crochet

Pay no attention to the man behind the Filet CrochetThat's my hubby helping me out. He's not the Crochet dude but when I need a special hook made or just someone to hold up my work, he's my guy...
    Alright the story behind the crochet; I worked on this project the summer I spent in Colorado. I was on a kinda sorta ranch, and I decided to crochet a horse. I did follow an older pattern I had purchaced from a yard sale, but I didn't like what was in the corner. So I 'thunk' and 'thunk' what could I put in it's place? I looked up into the sky, and there it was, a big bright moon on a sunny afternoon. I will add the moon. I pulled out my graph paper and proceed to sketch out the moon. I then painfully add the moon to my project....yes I had to rip it out again and again. Some of the cowboys and cowboys wannabe became interested in my work. After a brief I held up it up high....and do you know what those stinkers said? A MOON? That's what you came up with? Everybody has a moon in their pic, couldn't you have come up w/ something more creative? So my project is wrapped in an airplane blanket and stuffed in a wallyworld bag in storage. I pull it out every once in a while; admire it; deep sighs and back it goes.....
    Last edited by Barbara G.; 04-17-2012 at 01:50 PM. Reason: checking picture status

2. Likes peggy8650, Irishjl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm pic didn't come through.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaisa View Post
    Hmmm pic didn't come through.....

I have this happen to me on occasion. I took a look at your post in edit format to see if it was properly inserted into the body of the message and it is. I checked the url or link and it did not take me to a place of the image.

In other words, the internet site address you used is not working. Or, did you upload it as a file from your computer? I will try to help you get your picture to show up...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Barbara, I uploaded it from a file from my computer....I took a pic; sent it to email; downloaded it to a file and uploaded it to the site...and it didn't show....so what have I done wrong....lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaisa View Post
    Hey Barbara, I uploaded it from a file from my computer....I took a pic; sent it to email; downloaded it to a file and uploaded it to the site...and it didn't show....so what have I done wrong....lol.
    Hello,

Did you try to hit the go "advanced button" next to the "post quick reply" button under the reply box. You will be given the option there to click on a paperclip. A new window will open. It will say file upload manager. In the upper right hand corner of this window - you will see a button which says add files. It will take you through a few steps and you should be able to add the "computer file" of your picture.

I think what you did is hit the button that looks like a picture in the icons above your reply box which is for if you are adding a picture which is stored on line at a website address.

Give this a try - let me know if you need additional help. I check on site several times usually throughout most days. We will help you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for you patients....still not able to attach pic from file....grr will keep trying though. What is happening is I get file and it just disapears. Hmmm;

Post Thanks / Like
    OK had they hubby try and post the pics for me; he thinks my phone camara wasn't compatible w/ the file; so he recomended I RE take all my pics but w/ the digital camara and start a new file...trying my friends trying....

Post Thanks / Like
    I read your post with an ear to ear smile....after growing up with a brother that never missed a chance to make "smiling" digs I learned to cut him off at the pass...my response in your situation? A HUGE smile saying innocently, "yeah...isn't it just the most beautiful moon? I'm so glad I added it!"And walk away laughing so hard I could p** my pants. Now at the age of 54 he just shakes his head in disbelief and I'm still laughing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't wait to see the pic when you're able to load it. As for the stinkers on the ranch, don't let them keep you from displaying it! I bet it's just beautiful.

11. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    thank you both for your kind words and help; Sorry I haven't been on, my wondering star moved and then I had a bad kink in the neck...it didn't stop me from crocheting though....lol can't wait until I can be back on regularly...thanks again...