Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: New member

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I am a novice at crocheting. I have made some things many years ago but am not starting again. My mom crocheted and made two of my children beautiful Christmas stockings. She passed away just after my son was born so I found her directions and was able to make the stocking. It has a Santa on it and was from directions gotten from Family Circle magazine in dec 1977. That was 28 years ago that I made the stocking. Now I just had a grandson and want to keep the tradition going. But I lost the directions. Found one similar online but the person said she made it up herself. Trying to make it and hoping it will come out ok.
    Does anyone know how I can get these directions. Tried online with no luck
    Georgia

2. Likes AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

4. Thanks Gmelnick thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    It might be really hard to find the exact one you are looking for; I would be happy to make one that is pretty close to the original one you made. Glad you want to pick up the hobby and hope it brings you lots of stress relief as it does me!

6. Thanks Gmelnick thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums! Please, make yourself at home here among crochet friends! Glad to have you!

8. Thanks Gmelnick thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and Welcome Gmelnick! I looked up the stocking you wanted and found this:Stocking Feat: How to Knit and Crochet Christmas Stockings | Family Circle You have to scroll down a bit to get to the santa claus stocking. Is this the pattern you wanted?

10. Thanks Gmelnick thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to "Crochet Talk" Gmelnick. I think you will like this website

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much for helping. This was not the one. The stocking I am looking for is all crocheted, even the Santa with a nice loopy beard. Taking my house apart looking for the directions but still no luck. I don't even know what stitch I used to make the stocking. Won't give up. I'm determined to do this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are your skills at crocheting able to do a simple crochet that you can make your own??? Scooters

Post Thanks / Like
    renee m geboe I love to crochet and applique and crafts I'll be 70 in sept. and have been crocheting since I was 24. Taught by my mom.

Post Thanks / Like
    yes sometimes I can pick patterns off already made doilies and other crochet
    Last edited by renee geboe; 07-17-2015 at 05:40 AM.