Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all from Tunkhannock,Pa.

Morning,I'm getting ready for work and thought I'd have my coffee with everyone,thats up anyway,LOL
    This is my 3rd week on my new job and I really like it. nothing fancy or high paying ,get minimum wage 7.25 lest than half of what i use make at my job I got laid off from in Jan. where I worked for 10 yrs,as a packer in a warehouse.I work 20 hrs. a week 4 hrs. aday. but I will be going for my SS next month so it will kick in in Aug. when I turn 62. then I will still work the parttime job. Oh I work at our local Salvation Army as a sorter.It's a nice easy job for these old bones who have takena beating over the years working in factories and warehouse work,time so take it a little easier. Hubby will be 64 next month and wants to try to wait until he is 65 to go for his SS. I figure I better take mine before it's all gone anyway.I have worked every year except one since I was 16,and I'mjust tired out.
    I do enjoy my crocheting so much more these days. I have no grandbabies so I make toys and baby things for other little ones.I have a son ,38 living on the Florida Keys and single.
    My crocheting is my mainstay . I have so many patterns and love to make dolls and toys for kids. I have posted some of my work somewhere in the forums.I crochet in thread and yarn. .I have tons of patterns but always room for more,LOL.I collect red haired dolls from yardsales and flea markets.I like to fix them up and make clothes for them.
    I read books of the unusual,unknown,and unexplained.always wanted to be a forenics or archaeologist,I love mysteries,to be solved.
    Well our weather is finally starting to warm up but I think we are in for a very hot and dry summer. as we hardly had any snow this winter. I love my mountain and our country life. I was born and bred in these mountainsand I could never live in a city ,can't live where the people out number the trees.
    We are thinking of moving to Missouri where my husbands brother is a cop ,in Lexington. Maybe this year or next. My husband might be getting laid off soon as the place where he has worked for 22 years is being sold and torn down. Our local True Value family runstore. The store use to be a feed mill ,and still looks like a feed mill it has been the hardware store for 100 years,and a feed mill before that. and the building has seen better days, she is falling down and my husbands boss,brothers are either thinking of relocating or just quitting,as one is 65 and the other one is 71.This store has become a icon in our little town.
    Well I guess time to get this old wrinkled body moving,I just wanted to give everyone a holler this morning. Yntil next time youe sister in crochet Peggy in Pa.

Post Thanks / Like
    Peggy,

Hope you have a great day! Sorry to hear about the mill/tool store being torn! We live in Oklahoma, so if you move it will not be too far away from us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Peggy! Times are tough all over the place! We live in upstate NY-about an hour north of Albany! This is a very depressed area. Many of us "Mountain folk" have seasonal jobs-many are loggers. My husband is a carpenter and managed to find work this winter! But most people weren't as lucky-even though it was a mild winter! Now adays it seems so hard to get ahead! But it does help to vent-I feel better! Do you Peggy? Have a good day!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Peggy! Good morning for you! I live in Europe. It s great you have a job. Too hard to find job here - especially for woman older than 50.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barb,great. I also have a friend whom I have visited awhile back in Ok. she lives in Porumn,Ok. I was there aweek and I saw the armadillos,tranchalas(sp) Spiders crossing the road,and a sorpion(sp) ya all have some scarey animals out there,LOL
    Hope you are safe from the tornadoes that hit there..I went to a 5mile long yardsale along a road and bought this beautiful ring ,just like the one my mother use to wear,only hers is gold (which I still have) I prefer the sterling silver and this ring is exactly like hers only in sterling silver,I was ment to find this ring and I love it.My friend is Shirley Evans,she took me to the caves where Frank and Jesse James hid. I love caves and I loved climbing the rocks. You have a beautiful state. Hugs Peggy in Pa.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes dear friend and it sure helps to have another woman to talk to cause men just don't understand,things a woman thinks about..I use to live in Adams Center ,near Watertown,lived there about 6 mo. when my husband worked for Harvestor,building silos.during one of your winters,LOLThat was an experience ,LOL.We have done alot of camping in Canada,on the seaway,near,upper Canada village.Ever been there?My husband is from Bath N.Y. where his mother and grandparents are buried. We go there twice a year to flowers on his mothers grave.
    Have started crocheting a couple teddy bears for my husbands boss granddaughters,making outfits for 2 bears I got a the thrift shop. will post picturs when I'm done. I 'm making up the patterns as I go. I like doing this that way my patterns are one of a kind,LOL great hearing from you ,have a great day ,my new friend,hugs Peggy in Pa.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hell-o to my new friend from across the great pond.yes jobs are hard to find,for us older people,but I think some empolyers are starting to see that the older people have better work ethics,to bad we don't have the computer smarts,I know I don't.When I was a kid only the rich kids has calulators,LOLand TV's.Atleast us older folks know how to survive the hardtimes,this younger group will never make it if they have to raise and cook their own foods,and cook from scratch,and make their own clothes,you will see alot of skinny bare butts walking around.LOLI love my job at the Salvation Army working 4 hrs a day 5 days a week,as a sorter. So many clothes and house hold items.Please stay in touch my friend. It's so good to have friends to talk with . When you think know one actually takes the time anymore to get to know people everyone is always in a hurry and hardly anyone smiles any more. So sad. What our country has become.until next time ,hugs your friend peggy in Pa.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Peggy! We can write e-mails. I was so lonely but found really great friend in this forum. I am so curious about life in other countries...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi dear friend,ofcourse we can e-mail each other,my e-mail is ladybeastmaster@yahoo.com ,e-mail me anytime you want . I have only been to 2 other countries ,Mexico and Canada,. The last 4 years have put our country under alot of stress,but we as people will help each other.We are still better off than alot of countries.Please feel free to e-mail me ,as I too like to hear about other countries.I can send you pictures of where I live in the mountains and the beautiful country.Hugs until next time my friend Peggy in Pa.