Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Saying Hello

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Saying Hello

Hi Everyone, my name is Betty, I live in Long Island New York and I have been crocheting since I was a little girl. My favorite things to make are afghans, baby blankets, hats, scarfs and ball gowns for Barbie style dolls. Recently I have found a new interest in looming. I have gone a little crazy buying looms in all different sizes. Some are round, some rectangular and instruction books. I also go to YouTube and watch looming videos. I am a mom to 4 grown kids and a grandma to 7. Most of everything I make goes to the grandkids. I am also an avid reader and usually have a few books in progress all the time.

2. Likes AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Betty,

Welcome to the crochet forums! It is a pleasure to have you here with us!

Saying Hello-welcome1-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, I am happy that I found this site.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Betty! It s nice to meet you! I am Larisa doily maker. I love to read also. I have my e-reader and tablet with books in them.
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Larisa, nice to meet you. I subscribe to a website called Book Bob through Amazon. I get daily offer for books titile that I have in my profile. Many of the books are offered free and those are the one's I usually get. I have the Kindle app on all my electronic devices including my smartphone. Besides doilies what other type of items do you make.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the answer. I crochet bedspread - it s my UFO. I knit jacquard vest, it s another UFO. I make fluffy mats by hexagonal looms btw. I have 7 birds. I am big bird lover. Do you have a cat? I get free books mostly. I have tons of them I hope to live long enough to read all. I rechart filet patterns too. I like it --
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן