Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Snowboarder's hat pattern question

The pattern says Rnd 3 *2sc in next sc. Sc in each of the next 2 sc. Rep from*
    Move marker to just in front of the last st just made. Do this at the end of each round. (21sc) That works out

As I work to Round 9 (2sc in next sc. Sc in each of next 7 sc (63sc)

but round 10 is *2 sc in next sc. sc in each of next 9 sc. (70 sc) do the
    math (that is 66 scs) the pattern says 70sc?

the next round is 2 sc in next sc. sc in next 10 around to marker (77sc) the math is 72?

I don't know how to proceed. If I add those stitches it is not a smooth row.

I am supposed to do sc in each sc on rnd 12-25 moving the marker at the end of
    each round as you go around. That would be a very large circle? of 77 stitches for
    14 rounds.

does moving the marker change the stitch count and I am just not putting it in the right place......

I really want to make this hat but it has me baffled.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

The first thing I notice is that your increase is consistent which is normal in a hat pattern:

63 + 7 = 70
    70 + 7 = 77

Sometimes you will have a chain 3 in the beginning which actually counts as "one stitch." I am not sure what you chain stitch was since I cannot see the full pattern. In your case, it may have been a chain 5 - and this is where it could be messing you up in thinking about your stitching numbers.

Here is a tutorial which may be helpful in working in the round - it will help explain hopefully - although it is referring to a different pattern. It will also tell you how to adjust your pattern, if you think it will be too big/too small for your purposes.

http://www.crochetcabana.com/tutorials/in-the-round.htm

I personally have not done hats yet, but we do have members who have. Please be patient for additional responses. We will help you out one way or another if we can! :0)
    Last edited by Barbara G.; 04-15-2012 at 07:55 PM. Reason: adding link