Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Giveaways

Post Thanks / Like

Giveaways

If I were to do a giveaway for my site. Do you think that something I have made would attract people or would it be better to do supplies... like yarn, hooks, or magazine.... or maybe a hook case. I would rather make something bc it would be cheaper but I wonder if it would actually bring new viewers since my audience can crochet lol
    http://stitch11.com/

2. Likes Barbara G., Carynjoyb, libertylady64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! A give away is a fabulous idea! I think it should be something that a person wouldn't want to make themself! Perhaps an intricate patterned shawl? I know I would like something like that-and probably wouldn't make for myself!

4. Likes stitch11 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Don't think so

I'm sorry, if I made a shawl, I could never give it away. It takes me so long to complete things like that, I want to keep it for myself.

Maybe I'm selfish. I could do the books, yarn etc.

Am I bad?

6. Likes stitch11 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stitch11 View Post
    If I were to do a giveaway for my site. Do you think that something I have made would attract people or would it be better to do supplies... like yarn, hooks, or magazine.... or maybe a hook case. I would rather make something bc it would be cheaper but I wonder if it would actually bring new viewers since my audience can crochet lol
    Hello,

I think a giveaway can be a variety of things. You could do a skein of yarn one month, a personally made item another month, and so on. Every person will have different responses. Great idea!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bkaren6020 View Post
    I'm sorry, if I made a shawl, I could never give it away. It takes me so long to complete things like that, I want to keep it for myself.

Maybe I'm selfish. I could do the books, yarn etc.

Am I bad?
    Each crochet item you make will hold value. If your shawls hold high value for you to want to hold on to them - this is not bad. You are just deciding on your personal values in the items you create!

9. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that supplies would be a great idea with a purchase. Small ready made items would be ok too. Just my thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like
    That sounds good. You could give away small things that you have made. I know I would like supplies, (my husband is lol) as if I don't have enough. If you could only see my sewing and craft room.

12. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I'm selfish too! As everybody is saying supplies would work too! A shawl was just a thought! But maybe you could find some little thing to make that somebody wouldn't make for themself! Just had a thought-how about some kind of journal-maybe make a cover for an ordinary notebook? I know I can never have too many notebooks/journals!

14. Likes Carynjoyb, stitch11 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Being a pattern and yarn hoarder myself, I think a free pattern or a ball of yarn would be a great idea....

16. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    A tote, an ami, a handmade potholder, a set of coasters etc. are nice if you want to give away hand made items. Soft grip crochet hooks or hooks with polymer covered handles are nice. You can never have enough hooks. (I prefer Susan Bates style hooks.) I don't know what type of site you have or what you sell on your site. Crochet or knit patterns are nice as well as supplies. Other craft items would also be nice. You can create a kit to make something small along with the pattern. Just list what you are giving away then the people interested in it will sign up.

18. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post