Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

old coats & clarks patterns

hi all!

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced the old old coats & clark pattern books for doilies. I'm having a hard time doing them. I get half or 3/4 ways through then the instructions don't make sense to me and I have to abort, very frustrating. these books have a price tag of 29 cents imprinted on them so I'm gathering they're at least a couple of dozen years old. I got them at an auction. I've done hundreds of crochet projects and never NEVER have had this difficulty. I'm hoping someone can help. either I'm stroking out or they deliberately sabotaged each set of instruction 1/2 way through! my latest one is book #122, frosty leaves A-332. the 2nd last row confounds me. I've attempted 3 different tacks already, really don't want to quit. thanks for your time.

2. Likes AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello. I crochet doilies too. I found photo of this doily at ravelry. It does not look complicated. Is it 29th row you have problems? Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya and thanks Larisa! yes, the 29th row. I did plow through it going by the pic, and I'm semi-satisfied but the instructions boggled me. I'm finally on the last row, and guess what, still stumped! will have to try to plow through it as well. I mean, c'mon. 'ch 1, **3 sc in next sp, * in next sp make sc, ch 5 and sc;, in each of the next 4 sps make (sc, ch 5) twice; in next sp make sc, ch 5 and sc.' the math doesn't add up. the 'sc, ch5, sc' should go in the valleys, wouldn't you think? however I feel great knowing you are willing to aid. isn't it a cute doily! once again, thank you very much
    b

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello. I cannot tell anything about last row without trying it but no time to try. Look at picture I got at ravelry old coats & clarks patterns-frosty_leaves_medium-jpg You see lady made 4 "waves" instead of 5. I hope it helps you - Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums! Nice to have you here with us! Enjoy your stay among crochet friends!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and yes its the same. I've been looking & thinking: i'll try the 3 sc in the sp above the tips of the last leaves; sc, ch 5 and sc in the spaces btwn the waves and the '(sc, ch 5) twice' in the wave spaces. does that sound alright to you? I appreciate your imput, I'm a little less crazy with your help
    b

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish you success with last row.
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    done and done! it's blocking now, with myriad pins. its an impressive 56 cm wide and looks good. couldn't have done it without your help, made me actually look and deduce on my own for the 1st time, thanks for all, Larisa

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations!! I did nothing but glad you have finished it.
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome and congrats on figuring it out. Can't wait to see the picture.