Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: Summer Projects

Post Thanks / Like

Summer Projects

Now that the weather is warming up I find that I put my afghan projects away and start working on smaller, lighter, more portable projects. Does anyone else have any special "summer" projects?

2. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Catdoll,

I have been trying to finish a scarf for my daughter. I have a hard time working on some crochet projects in the summer time. I did have some thoughts yesterday about working on some small items such as magnets, bookmarks, or something like this. My kids have about 3 to 4 weeks of school left and I hope to have more time to actually sit down to work on crocheting. :0)

4. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am making flower doilies that are very soft and a #3 weight yarn. Each has 12 petals. I will be sewing them together to form a light weight throw. It might be larger than that, if I have enough yarn.

Post Thanks / Like
    I make doilies in any season!!

7. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I keep making what I usually all year round! But-my daughter's mother-in-law would like me to make a ripple afghan, large enough to fit a queen sized bed! She needs it by October! So it looks like i will be making a large afghan this summer!

9. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try to keep cool while crocheting it. I give you credit for making something so heavy by October.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the idea of bookmarks. Thank you. For the moment im working on a small blanket. I will be making light dragonflies and butterflies to sew on it.Thats a summer idea! make accessories to a project you plan to do for winter.

12. Likes Carynjoyb, kimr liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    amazing doily. Wow!

Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking of making a slip cover for a book. But then again I need to finish my thread blouse......lol

15. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I too have put away the big heavy yarn projects and traded them in for a new passion of mine....baby booties and shoes. Some are made with the lighter baby yarn and some I'm making with crochet thread. Most of the patterns are quick, easy and just fun! You can embellish them with ribbons and buttons. I've found lots and lots of free patterns online. Hope you find just the right project for the summer!

17. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post